Boston-area 4x4 AL-only auction keeper league seeking owners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Boston-area 4x4 AL-only auction keeper league seeking owners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boston-area 4x4 AL-only auction keeper league seeking owners

Postby boscommish » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:38 pm

The Boston-area 12-team 4x4 AL-only auction keeper rotisserie league that I'm in is looking for new owners for a couple of its teams.

The league has been around for over a decade and my understanding is that it's a pretty standard roto league -- 23-player active rosters (14 hitters, 9 pitchers), $260 team auction budget, and weekly transactions. There are no bench slots. Each team is also allowed to have a 3-man minor leaguer squad (we hold an online two-round minor league draft the week after each year's live in-person auction). The categories are batting average, home runs, RBI's, stolen bases, ERA, WHIP, wins, and saves.

Transactions are pretty restricted -- before the All-Star break, you can pretty much only replace a guy if he goes on the DL, gets demoted, released, etc. by his real AL team or by claiming a guy another team has waived. After the break, we have weekly FAAB (each team gets a $100 budget for the season) and it is a lot easier to get a guy off your roster.

We operate on a 1/20 scale and the entry fee is $40. There are also additional per-transaction fees that end up totaling somewhere between $20-30 for most owners each season. The live auction night will be on Saturday, April 11. We're not sure on the exact location yet, but as of now it's looking like it will be somewhere in the Waltham area (the owner that usually hosted the auction is one of the owners we're replacing so we're still in the process of determining this year's location). You must be available beginning around 5PM on April 11, we can't change the auction date.

Please contact me at mrblroto@gmail.com for more info if you're interested, thanks!
boscommish
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds