I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Postby bigken117 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Metroid wrote: To each there own though.

Football cafe grammar FTL - again!

The absolute worst is getting so drunk you don't remeber what you did the night before. Where's the fun in not remembering what you did the night before? And getting so drunk you get sick before the night is even over. Again, how is that fun?
But that used to be me...and I don't know why. I still love drinking beer, I have at least one (if not 4) every night, but I usually don't get drunk on work nights and on the weekends I definitely don't get so drunk I don't remember what I did. Having kids will make you rue the hangover the next day :*)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:41 pm

The best part about not remembering everything from the night before is when you go out to breakfast the next morning with all the people you were drunk with. It's always really funny to fill in all the blanks in your mind and remember some of the stuff that happened.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 am

Why is this thread popping up over St Patty's Day? Worst time to give up the good stuff..

I used to black out quite a bit in college, but have since gotten quite a bit better. My latest episode of "having a little too much" occurred when my fiancee and I were at our reception hall (a hotel) picking out the wedding menu. It was a large event for everyone getting married over the next 2 years, so it was about 80-90 people tasting food and wine. It was free drinks, and after an hour and a half I had sampled most of the drinks.

I don't remember doing this, but apparently we closed out the free tasting and were the last two left. I grabbed a beer and ran into the hotel lobby were I tried to finish my beverage. I started hiding behind pillars and giggling around 8:30 pm with a lobby full of guests. When I ran over to the couches and started bouncing up and down, well it was time to leave. Nothing like getting kicked out of your future wedding venue. I woke up on the couch at home and in trouble for some reason..
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 am

bigken117 wrote:
Metroid wrote: To each there own though.

Football cafe grammar FTL - again!

That's awful...I must have been drinking. O:-)
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jfg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

I don't know if it's different for everyone but I just don't get the whole blackout thing. I've drank a lot in one night and I always have remembered everything and I've never blacked out. I've passed out from being tired at 5 AM after drinking all night but no blackouts. I wonder if I puke before I get to the point of blackout, because I puked my fair share in college.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby Mugrila » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm

jfg wrote:I don't know if it's different for everyone but I just don't get the whole blackout thing. I've drank a lot in one night and I always have remembered everything and I've never blacked out. I've passed out from being tired at 5 AM after drinking all night but no blackouts. I wonder if I puke before I get to the point of blackout, because I puked my fair share in college.

Same here.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:36 am

jfg wrote:I don't know if it's different for everyone but I just don't get the whole blackout thing. I've drank a lot in one night and I always have remembered everything and I've never blacked out. I've passed out from being tired at 5 AM after drinking all night but no blackouts. I wonder if I puke before I get to the point of blackout, because I puked my fair share in college.

Same situation as me until a few weeks ago. It's a really weird feeling and I didn't like it one bit.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:48 am

i think you have to really binge drink...like a 5th in an hour or something like that. also, most of my blackouts were when i was still a teen and hadnt really built up a tolerance to drinking
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

i think you have to really binge drink...like a 5th in an hour or something like that. also, most of my blackouts were when i was still a teen and hadnt really built up a tolerance to drinking

A good way to try it out is to hammer more shots (I mean way more) than you have any business drinking in a short period, and continuing drinking beyond and prior to that.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby markj11 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am

Mugrila wrote:

Same here.

Don't give up, don't ever give up. Seriously though, you are lucky. The mornings after a black out suck. Wondering who you pissed off, or who you told about that skeez/cousin, or where you left your wallet/credit card, shirt, shoes, glasses, contacts, left sock and dignity.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk