I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:10 am

Phatferd wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I don't think a single one of the story tellers in this thread regrets a single one of their stories. I know I don't.

Regret? No not really....well not anymore I guess. I did for a while though, that chick was really hot. :-C

If it was meant to be it was meant to be...

You're right, it was meant to be for me to get smashed, fight a workmate, puke all over my truck and myself, and have to be babysat by the one girl I had been crushing on for years....it was just fate.

:-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, I had a bit of a drinking problem at one point in my life as well. I'd wake up to brew my coffee using half water, half Jager so I could basically just stay drunk all the time. If you're looking for someone to admit regret, you've found him. I've had 5 concussions, broken ribs, broken noses, etc. from fighting drunk and that's just the tip of the iceberg of the stupid things I did drunk. I've been through the 12 steps twice and finally have it under control. I can enjoy alcohol in moderation. I haven't been drunk in over 8 years I think now. Hard liquor is rarely ever on the menu for me. Only exception is the occasional sip of scotch, but that's where it stops.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, I had a bit of a drinking problem at one point in my life as well. I'd wake up to brew my coffee using half water, half Jager so I could basically just stay drunk all the time.

Totally out of curiosity, but does that even taste good?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:08 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Yeah, I had a bit of a drinking problem at one point in my life as well. I'd wake up to brew my coffee using half water, half Jager so I could basically just stay drunk all the time.

No, not really. :-b I was just looking for a casual way to stay drunk. I guess it was alright if you like Jager and coffee. Gives the coffee a little bite and flavor.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

No, not really. :-b I was just looking for a casual way to stay drunk. I guess it was alright if you like Jager and coffee. Gives the coffee a little bite and flavor.

I used to put mine with Scotch during my daily drunken phase. It wasn't too bad. :-b

As far as blackout stories go, I've rarely had them. One of them stands out though and it was a surprise birthday party my cousin threw for me in England. All I could remember was flirting with my cousin's girlfriends, getting dizzy, and last thing I knew I woke up next to three of her girlfriends. Nice thoughts, but I barely remembered anything even though my cousin verified that indeed I had some fun with her friends. Pity I didn't remember that well because one of the girls was one I had a thing for, for the longest time. Oh well.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:

I used to put mine with Scotch during my daily drunken phase. It wasn't too bad. :-b

As far as blackout stories go, I've rarely had them. One of them stands out though and it was a surprise birthday party my cousin threw for me in England. All I could remember was flirting with my cousin's girlfriends, getting dizzy, and last thing I knew I woke up next to three of her girlfriends. Nice thoughts, but I barely remembered anything even though my cousin verified that indeed I had some fun with her friends. Pity I didn't remember that well because one of the girls was one I had a thing for, for the longest time. Oh well.

Pics
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Polar Bear » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Well it is good to be with a bunch of drunks...I guess I don't feel so guilty anymore.

A lesson I learned is to not get drunk with girls you may regret doing something with the next day. There were times in college when I would get drunk for no other reason except to get drunk. Well I learned early on to be careful with who you get drunk with. There were times I got drunk with a few cool girls who were overweight and just not attractive at all. The next day I wake up cursing in absolute horror when I see a mound of flesh laying beside me. Eventually I would find some good friends who would protect me from myself and I would do the same for them.

I think the funniest part of getting blasted is where you wake up the next day. The oddest place I woke up was in a cornfield, with nothing but my boxers and steel toe's on. To this day I don't know where my clothes went.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Polar Bear wrote:I think the funniest part of getting blasted is where you wake up the next day.

Not if you wake up in jail....or worse don't wake up at all.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Old_Style » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:23 pm

Polar Bear wrote:A lesson I learned is to not get drunk with girls you may regret doing something with the next day. There were times in college when I would get drunk for no other reason except to get drunk. Well I learned early on to be careful with who you get drunk with. There were times I got drunk with a few cool girls who were overweight and just not attractive at all. The next day I wake up cursing in absolute horror when I see a mound of flesh laying beside me. Eventually I would find some good friends who would protect me from myself and I would do the same for them.

Weak.

Hey Met. Quit being such a buzzkill. :*)
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Old_Style wrote:Hey Met. Quit being such a buzzkill. :*)

Hey I have nothing against getting drunk man, hell I started the current drunk thread on the Lightside. I just don't think getting so smashed you don't know what you're doing or where you are falling asleep is healthy. To each there own though.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk