I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Disclaimer: This is a complete waste of a good minute of your life.

I'm sick of the hangovers and the mysterious bruises. Last Friday I was chasing shots of vodka with boilermakers and then proceeded to go outside and ask a guy who benches 350 for reps to deliver chair shots to my skull. When he refused I talked him into giving me chair shots to my back. I don't know why I asked this beast of a man to pummel me, especially with a steel chair. I don't watch wrestling and haven't since 1999. I don't think I remember doing it, although I do remember walking outside with a chair I just don't remember getting hit with it. A couple of friends were laughing about the story today and it was the first I had actually heard it. I guess they assumed I knew, but all week I thought my shoulder was sore because I went heavy on my bench press this week.

I really think I am done with the hard liquor. I don't really see the point. It taste like a mouthful of hair spray and every time I drink it I do something incredibly stupid. I enjoy drinking beer, but I'd prefer to keep it casual from now on. Enough of this frat boy stuff. God, my shoulder is killing me and has disrupted my sleep all week. All for one night that I don't really remember. Even if i get a little drunk off Beer I don't act like that.

I know nobody actually cares about my decision considering nobody really knows me, but I can't be the only one that liquor messes up like this or maybe I am just that immature. I just found out why my shoulder has been sore all week and feel a bit stupid to be quite honest.

Anyone else quit drinking liquor for these reasons? My body just can't take the abuse anymore.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I Think I am going to give up Hard Liquor

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 pm

Have you ever thought that maybe you have a drinking problem?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 pm

You're not drinking enough.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby phillyphan12 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Listen man, I can relate to ya...6 days before Christmas of this year me and a friend of mine share a 5th of vodka, and go to our high school basketball team`s game.Thing is, my friend is 6 ft 2 and a solid 200 lbs...and I`m not. So he was quite drunk, but I was beyond obliterated. I needed to be dragged out of the stands by my friends because i couldn`t walk, and when i got driven home i had no clue where i lived. This, along with the fact that i threw my brains up out of the window during this whole escapade to find my house made for a horrible night. My friend who was driving me had to call one of my closer friends who knew where i lived( to get directions to my house) and once we got to my house i refused to get out of the car...So my friend knocks on my door and tells my parents that their son is intoxicated in the back of the car and won`t get out.My dad had to carry me into the house, where i proceed to throw up quite a bit more.

Told ya i could relate ;-)
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Polar Bear wrote:Disclaimer: This is a complete waste of a good minute of your life.

I'm sick of the hangovers and the mysterious bruises. Last Friday I was chasing shots of vodka with boilermakers and then proceeded to go outside and ask a guy who benches 350 for reps to deliver chair shots to my skull. When he refused I talked him into giving me chair shots to my back. I don't know why I asked this beast of a man to pummel me, especially with a steel chair. I don't watch wrestling and haven't since 1999. I don't think I remember doing it, although I do remember walking outside with a chair I just don't remember getting hit with it. A couple of friends were laughing about the story today and it was the first I had actually heard it. I guess they assumed I knew, but all week I thought my shoulder was sore because I went heavy on my bench press this week.

I really think I am done with the hard liquor. I don't really see the point. It taste like a mouthful of hair spray and every time I drink it I do something incredibly stupid. I enjoy drinking beer, but I'd prefer to keep it casual from now on. Enough of this frat boy stuff. God, my shoulder is killing me and has disrupted my sleep all week. All for one night that I don't really remember. Even if i get a little drunk off Beer I don't act like that.

I know nobody actually cares about my decision considering nobody really knows me, but I can't be the only one that liquor messes up like this or maybe I am just that immature. I just found out why my shoulder has been sore all week and feel a bit stupid to be quite honest.

Anyone else quit drinking liquor for these reasons? My body just can't take the abuse anymore.

It's called growing up. Congratulations.

You don't have to be completely wrecked to have a good time. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 pm

I thought for a second this was a special I'm drunk post that needs its own thread.

I used to drink a lot of hard liquor in college, but now I drink very sparingly. I'm a microbrew beer drinker these days. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Phatferd » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:08 am

I've definitely cut back on my drinking. When I do drink, it's usually in the comfort of my home or a close friend's house where I know I won't start trouble or do anything stupid and this is only once every few months.

I have been working out a lot and getting into shape because I want to join the Police Academy in about a year and a half. Because of this I have really tried to live a healthy lifestyle so my body can build muscle and I can increase my strength. Because of this I have really been eating healthy and drinking only water and an occasional gatorade (besides protein shakes). Two Saturdays ago my friends asked me to go out with them to the bars and I decided to because it had been a long time since we all got together and had a good time. I really didn't drink as much as I normally could put back, but I got really drunk apparently.

I don't remember the night past a certain point, which scared the hell out of me because in the 10 or so years I have been drinking I have never once blacked out. Anyways, apparently I bought these two girls a bunch of drinks over the course of the night and just walked out of the bar without paying for them. They tried to get my friends to pay for them, but they refused and couldn't find me so they couldn't drag me back in there to pay. I don't know why they didn't take my credit card when I ordered the drinks, other than they had my friend's and thought we were all paying together.

Anyways, moral of the story, it wasn't cool and I don't like the feeling of finding out what happened the night before from everyone you annoyed and pissed off.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CadensDad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:01 am

I went on a drinking binge back in 07, from the middle of the summer until thanksgiving, I spent a little over 2,000 at the package store. I started "small" with just a bottle of Morgan and some redbull's. But after a few weeks of that I moved onto Private stock Morgan (80 proof) then to Bacardi 151, then some stuff called Georgia Shine , and anything that was stronger. I finally stopped when I went broke. I have since drank a few times but nothing like that. And I dont crave the crap like I use to.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am

Your problem is that you are drinking hard liquor in shot form, not to mention poorly conceived shot form (i can;t think of anything redeeming about a boilermaker).

In my own maturation process I've found it most rewarding to give up drinking rice-piss beer on most occasions. This governs any watery macro-brew. They taste bad or like nothing and go down too fast - the worst of both worlds when you're trying to enjoy alcohol and not abuse it.

I've become a big fan of irish and scotch whiskey and good beer. More often than not I'll drink Jameson for an entire night and not feel a thing the next morning. Granted that I'm not getting blackout, but I'll go home feeling quite good, or even if i don;t drink that much, I enjoy it like I'd enjoy an awesome hot dog at the ballpark. I usually have it with just 1 or 2 ice cubes to cool it off and release the oils. It will usually cost the same or slightly more than a shot of Jamo, but you get plenty more. Since I'm enjoying it sip by sip, it lasts a good while and my buddy is done with his 3rd Coors Lights by the time I'm ordering my 2nd Jamo. He's probably plunked down $12-$18 by that point and I'm only at $6-$10. I'm, also not feeling overly full, gassy, or bloated from volume and carbonation.

The same goes for good beers. Something with a unique or heavier taste will go down slower and taste better. Even Peroni's crispness acts as a nice brake on its lighter flavor. A good belgian beer will run you $7-$12, but it tastes great and has 2x-3x your typical ABV.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 am

i say this everytime i get smashed off hard liquor...although i dont ask people to hit me with chairs or anything stupid like that (although there was last March when my buddy and i split a litre of Citron in about and hour or so and we had a coconut fight on the beach which we finally stopped when he almost hit me with an empty wine bottle when he couldnt find a coconut) i just wake up feeling terrible, which is even worse now because me coming home piss drunk makes the wife angry, so around 7 AM she decides my punishment is to take care of the baby

it's a rare occasion when i do shots, but mixed drinks go down very easy for me which leads to me drinking lots quickly...be it Vodka/Tonic, Whisky/Ginger, Gin/Squirt or whatever else i come up with, so i try to avoid them in most cases since i'm not really a 1 or 2 drinks type of guy...i dont have a drinking problem, i have a stopping problem :-b

so for the most part i'll have a beer or 6 when i do drink, but that's usually a few times a month at most, unless i go on a vacation which usually turns into a bender
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk