Comment on my team, I will return the favor!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Comment on my team, I will return the favor!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Comment on my team, I will return the favor!!

Postby karl0528 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:24 pm

Post a link or the name of your post and I'll comment your post, thanks in advance!

C: Russell Martin
1B: Adam Dunn (OF/1B)
2B: Chone Figgins (2b/3b)
3B:Chipper Jones
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Carl Crawford
OF:Jacob Elsbury
OF: Bobby Abreu
UTL: David Ortiz

BN: Jorge Cantu (1b/3b)
BN: Raul Ibanez (OF)
BN: Kelly Johnson (2B)
BN: Orlando Cabrera (ss)

SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Brandon Webb
RP: Joba Chamberlin
RP: Jose Valverde
P: Dan Haren
P: BJ Ryan
P: Brian Wilson
BN: Ricky Nolasco

---My initial thoughts are I have too many stolen base guys and should work out a deal for a top tier HR/RBI guy and maybe a real legit closer for saves. Any suggestions would be great. I'd like to get a guy like braun who's on a team w/ no SB type of guys so I'd like to maybe pkg Crawford and another player for him any ideas? Who's expendable?
karl0528
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Comment on my team, I will return the favor!!

Postby Emerald8h » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Your starting pitching is sick. If this is a roto league then you probably need one more closer. You could probably just pick one up off FA when someone wins the job. As far as your hitting goes, you are right on. You have way too many speedy guys. Trade for a power bat to complement dunn/ortiz. I think you could probably package elsbury now that his value is up. Crawford may be more valuable this year.
Emerald8h
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jmurphy_j » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:42 am

Thanks for the help!

Great pitching. Your starters are as good as it gets. And your group of closers (Valverde, Ryan and Wilson) is just as solid. You have three solid closers, and you can usually find even more saves on the waiver wire during the season when other closers get hurt or fired. You wont win the saves category, but you will at least be in the middle of the pack. I wouldn't trade any of your good players for another closer.

I also agree that it would make sense to trade some speed for more power.

But the real issue I see is age and injury risk. Ortiz, Abreu and especially Chipper are all getting old and are huge risks for injury and/or a big drop-off. All three of those guys scare me going into the season. If you can trade any of those guys before they get hurt for younger players I would jump at the opportunity.

Your SP is strong enough I would consider packaging one of your Aces with Chipper, Ortiz and/or Abreu for some younger hitters and a lower tiered pitcher.
jmurphy_j
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Patch-SNU » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:57 am

i have a differing opinion
1. you dont lack power, Dunn Abreu Cantu, these all equal HR. H-Ram, Crazy Carl, others will get you SBs. obviously. What you lack is balanced hitters. Chipper used to be one of these, i wouldnt count on him this year for similar numbers. Target a player who hits around 300 with 100 RBIs and 20+ HR. Your pitching is perfect, Timmy and Webb is all you need to win W,K,WHIP.

2. Trading 2-3 round players for a 1st like Braun is sick. If you actually get that to work you shouldnt even bother playing in such an easy league.

3. Honestly, your team as is should win you the league. Barring injuries, which you can counter with waiver wire.

Best of luck,

viewtopic.php?t=371339
Patch-SNU
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Crazed98 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 am

Try shopping Chipper around. Maybe Chipper, Crawford, and Joba for a Cabrera or Ramirez and a decent closer. Chipper will be on the DL a lot I got lucky in my league and was able to trade him with Soriano for Wright.

viewtopic.php?t=371459
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Mighty Trow » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:54 am

thanks for your help with mine.

I can't really find fault with your team here. you may be toward the bottom half of the R/HR/RBI categories, but then again you could just as easily be in the middle of hte pack. everything else is rock solid.

braun is pricey, if the other owner is smart he'll try to get his money's worth, which could mean crawford and one of your aces. i'd look to move crawford though, i've never been sold on him but other people think highly of him. if you can move crawford for a heavy hitting outfielder, that'd really round out your team.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team