Hows My Team Look now Wright Reyes and Santana!!! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Hows My Team Look now Wright Reyes and Santana!!! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hows My Team Look now Wright Reyes and Santana!!! WHIR

Postby Crazed98 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm

5x5 roto 12 teams

C J. Posada (NYY-C,DH)
1B J. Giambi (Oak-1B,DH)
2B R. Cano (NYY-2B)
3B D. Wright (NYM-3B)
SS J. Reyes (NYM-SS)
OF X. Nady (NYY-RF,LF)
OF H. Pence (Hou-RF)
OF J. Bay (Bos-LF)
U M. Aviles (KC -SS,2B)
BN J. Lopez (Sea-2B,1B)
BN H. Blalock (Tex-3B,1B)

Pitchers
Pos Player
SP J. Maine (NYM-SP)
SP D. Matsuzaka (Bos-SP)
SP J. Santana (NYM-SP)
RP M. Rivera (NYY-RP)
RP J. Putz (NYM-RP)
P B. Myers (Phi-SP)
P T. Percival (TB -RP)
BN S. Olsen (Was-SP)
BN J. Chamberlain (NYY-SP,RP)
BN K. Kawakami (Atl-SP)

Anyone have suggestions to how I can improve? I think My pitching is pretty good. I am pissed though I tried getting Rich Harden on waivers but Fox Sports must have screwed up because it gave him to someone witha lower waiver pick than me. I know I have no depth at C or OF but I figured there are plenty of FAs to pick from if one of my guys go down. Bengie Molina just hit on waivers but I don't want to waste my 4th waiver pick. I'll drop Olsen and pick him up if he becomes a FA.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hows My Team Look now Wright Reyes and Santana!!! WHIR

Postby Crazed98 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:10 am

I've dropped K. Kawakami for Kevin Slowey and droped Olsen for Chris Davis ;-D

How am I looking now?

I am split between M. Aviles and J. Lopez either one could have a great year but I've been leaning towards M. Aviles because of he can be SS too. Having H. Blalock is kind of a waste too now that I have Davis but I don't want to give up any possible HR hitters to my competitors. But if I drop them both I can instantly fill my OF and C voids but don't want to give up anything.
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:37 am

wow you got Chris Davis off waivers, thats a big grab.

i dont trust Posada at C. hes ok, i just wouldnt expect the numbers he had in 2007. hes closer to what he did in 2006 but im not sure i would even count on the same 23 HR. hes 37 years old, so hes on the decline. i might even favour Molina over Posada.

i also dont trust Nady. i think hes a waiver wire type OF. i doubt he repeats what he did with Pittsburgh. hes more like what he did with NY (.268 AVG/ .320 OBP/ .474 SLG/ .794 OPS) and thats more similar to what he did in 2007. you also have to factor in playing time with the other outfielders in NY. he could get 20HR/70RBI.

i dont trust Matsuzaka. i doubt he repeats his ERA from 2008.

you could use another closer. if/when Percival loses the job in TB your left with Rivera. Putz might get some in NY but i wouldnt count on many.

you could maybe use another guy who could get you 20+ SB. Wright should get 20+. Reyes should get alot. Bay could get 10+. Aviles could get 10-15. Pence is interesting. in 2008 he had 11 SB but 10 CS. one could think his success rate should increase, but could the Astros not let him steal as often is he is not going to be as successful?

Myers worries me. he had a big increase in IP from 07 to 08 and that could effect him negatively in 09.

just some ideas.
help?
viewtopic.php?t=372421
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:06 pm

You definately need another closer, I would trade/drop Kawakami and Chamberlain both 5th starters at best, not many innings or wins going to them.

Comment on mine, please?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372721
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Crazed98 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:34 am

Thanks for the help guys

I've decided to drop Blalock and pick up Sandoval so that will give me a backup at catcher. I'm gonna hold onto Lopez for now to see if I can trade him one of the guys in my league is in need of 1band 2b backups.

I like Nady I saw him play with the Mets and know he can dominate when he is on and not trying to do too much but I am worried about his possible lack of playing time so I am currently trying to trade Lopez for N. McLouth or N. Markakis he currently has Markakis on the bench so maybe I can grab him I would try and throw in a pitcher too but his SP is insane like 4 200 k pitchers all with mid to lower 3 era and 15+ wins.

With my pitching I'm banking on Maine and Myers having a better year. Picked up Dice-k during a trade when I got Wright so it was more of a freebie but I wanted someone I could count on for a decent amount of Ks. I picked up Percival because there aren't any closers left in my league they got taken right away, I figured he would be good for 1/3 to half the year then I can drop him for someone who gets promoted to closer.

Anyone else have any suggestions? This my first year doing this so any help is welcomed B-)
Crazed98
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team