1st time poster. Please Rate My Team! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

1st time poster. Please Rate My Team!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st time poster. Please Rate My Team!

Postby afern401 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Hey all, love the site. Im in a 12 team head to head league with standard scoring (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, Wins, K's, Saves, ERA, WHIP) My line up is as follows:

C: Pablo Sandoval
1B: Carlos Pena
2B: Brian Roberts
SS: Rafael Furcal
3B: Aramis Ramirez
OF: Ryan Braun, Josh Hamilton, Jermaine Dye
Util: Nelson Cruz

SP: Jake Peavy, Chad Billingsley, Zack Greinke, Matt Cain, Gil Meche
RP: Matt Capps, C.J Wilson

Bench: Mike Aviles 2B/SS, Jason Giambi 1B, Elijah Dukes OF, Jair Jurrjens SP and Chris Perez RP

I really dropped the ball on closers, expecting to get some players of value at the end of the draft, only to have them selected earlier than I had expected. I think i can make up for this during the season through trades but mainly by adding players from the free agent pool. What does everyone else think? Thanks for your time and comments.
afern401
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st time poster. Please Rate My Team!

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Hello and welcome to the cafe :-D

i really like your team for a 12-teamer. I wouldn't sweat the closers too much; those that you have are skilled enough to and/or have the opportunity to close, and thats all you really want in a 12-team league. If Furcal stays healthy you'll be solid in steals, but if he goes down i think you'll find yourself behind the curve. Aviles does give decent trade bait at a slim position.

starters are a nice mix of young upside and 'veteran' arms, can't find much fault there, though you may want another starter in case your young pitchers don't play up to the hype.

lot of strength off the bench, too. dukes and jair could have surprisingly impressive years if most everything falls into place. i'd say you're in a good position to compete

good luck to you ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=371233
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team