first time in roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

first time in roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

first time in roto

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 am

ive played tons of leagues over the past 4 years, but all have been H2H. this is my first roto league so i could use some help. if thsi belongs somewhere else sorry

max games played = 162. should i worry about my batters having days off? should i carry a backup catcher to fill in? or am i worrying too much about this

max IP = 1250
roster 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 P, 3 BN. 5X5 plus holds. how many SPs should i carry on my team? and how many total starts should i be looking at getting. basically im kind of wondering how i should handle my #3 and beyond SPs.

im pretty sure ill need to fill all the RP and P slots w releivers, as holds is in there, so how many IP will that end up taking out

its NL only slow draft(we are on round 15 out of 21), and i think i kind of screwed up early, i took braun, fielder and uggla as my top 3. which is fine for power, but not good on steals and avg. so i tried to compensate for those two cats w my later picks...atkins, willy T, milledge, ryan theriot, and my util is zimmerman. any thoughts on my offense?
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: first time in roto

Postby hot4tx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:40 am

I would look for a good multiple position util player to plug in on off days, but wouldn't pick someone up that sucks just to play them. Likewise I probably wouldn't get a backup C unless Pablo Sandoval is out there somehow. Most backup catchers are going to pull down your average and/or OBP and not supply much counting stats.

As far as pitchers, I prefer getting middle relievers in lieu of a last starter. Theres likely a few out there that you can add/drop to get good matchups. Depending on bench size I would fill all my RP/P spots with RPs most days and also have a couple good SP/RP types. I'd target Hong-Chih Kou and/or Carlos Villanueva. They give you good ratios and Ks per IP along with a few wins, some holds and possibly a few saves.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers