New Yahoo Player Data Windows - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 am

This has quickly turned into an espn vs yahoo argument. But at the end of the day yahoo has the best user interface. No if ands or buts about that. I'll gladly pay $10 for live scoring. Seriously people stop being so cheap ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby 4Pack » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:46 am

woodson_28 wrote:
Yoda wrote:ESPN free live scoring is a freaking joke. You guys seriously sit there and stare at it?


I think you missed the point. It's because of free live scoring that we don't have to sit and stare at the screen for 20+ minutes while we tally stats.

For instance: Lets say that it's Saturday night. The last game has just finished up. You are trying to decide between starting W. Taveras or J. Cust on Sunday (the last day of scoring) as one of the your regular's is injured. You quickly check the H2H score. You're up by 2 in HR, but down by 1 in SB (stats through friday - as Sat stats won't be up until after midnight PST). But how did your players do today? How did your opponents players do today?

If you have yahoo, and don't have "live scoring", you have to sit there for 20+ minutes and tally up your players results, and than your opponent's players results. After that, you notice you're now up by 5 HR's and tied in SB. You start W. Taveras.

If you had free live scoring, you just sign on, check the updated results, see that you are set on HR, and tied at SB. You start Taveras. 30 seconds after you originally signed on, you're off doing something else.... living your life.

Get w/ the program Yahoo.


Or you can just insert Taveras into your lineup on Sunday.....and 30 seconds later you can be living your life again. Is there a reason why this must be done on Saturday night?
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 828
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:07 am

woodson_28 wrote:
Yoda wrote:ESPN free live scoring is a freaking joke. You guys seriously sit there and stare at it?


I think you missed the point. It's because of free live scoring that we don't have to sit and stare at the screen for 20+ minutes while we tally stats.

For instance: Lets say that it's Saturday night. The last game has just finished up. You are trying to decide between starting W. Taveras or J. Cust on Sunday (the last day of scoring) as one of the your regular's is injured. You quickly check the H2H score. You're up by 2 in HR, but down by 1 in SB (stats through friday - as Sat stats won't be up until after midnight PST). But how did your players do today? How did your opponents players do today?

If you have yahoo, and don't have "live scoring", you have to sit there for 20+ minutes and tally up your players results, and than your opponent's players results. After that, you notice you're now up by 5 HR's and tied in SB. You start W. Taveras.

If you had free live scoring, you just sign on, check the updated results, see that you are set on HR, and tied at SB. You start Taveras. 30 seconds after you originally signed on, you're off doing something else.... living your life.

Get w/ the program Yahoo.

Or you could just spend $10 because you're an adult and even in the recession/depression we're in, $10 won't kill you, especially if you play in 4 leagues at $2.50 per league. Or you could see that if you are up by 2 Runs and are outscored by 3 Runs on Saturday that you are currently down 1 Run heading into Sunday, which shouldn't really be some rocket science calculation.

You've gotta love the impossible to please crowd, though. Only they could turn a thread about a cool new little feature into a complaint within the first two replies of a thread.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 351)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:20 am

bigh0rt wrote:
woodson_28 wrote:
Yoda wrote:ESPN free live scoring is a freaking joke. You guys seriously sit there and stare at it?


I think you missed the point. It's because of free live scoring that we don't have to sit and stare at the screen for 20+ minutes while we tally stats.

For instance: Lets say that it's Saturday night. The last game has just finished up. You are trying to decide between starting W. Taveras or J. Cust on Sunday (the last day of scoring) as one of the your regular's is injured. You quickly check the H2H score. You're up by 2 in HR, but down by 1 in SB (stats through friday - as Sat stats won't be up until after midnight PST). But how did your players do today? How did your opponents players do today?

If you have yahoo, and don't have "live scoring", you have to sit there for 20+ minutes and tally up your players results, and than your opponent's players results. After that, you notice you're now up by 5 HR's and tied in SB. You start W. Taveras.

If you had free live scoring, you just sign on, check the updated results, see that you are set on HR, and tied at SB. You start Taveras. 30 seconds after you originally signed on, you're off doing something else.... living your life.

Get w/ the program Yahoo.

Or you could just spend $10 because you're an adult and even in the recession/depression we're in, $10 won't kill you, especially if you play in 4 leagues at $2.50 per league. Or you could see that if you are up by 2 Runs and are outscored by 3 Runs on Saturday that you are currently down 1 Run heading into Sunday, which shouldn't really be some rocket science calculation.

You've gotta love the impossible to please crowd, though. Only they could turn a thread about a cool new little feature into a complaint within the first two replies of a thread.


Haha excellent post...

But seriously the new yahoo player data windows are sweet. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2021
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cafe of Fantasies

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am

Just noticed it. That's quite nice ;-D




Seriously D-Bags, pay the $10. Yahoo scoring is sweet :-L
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby soty » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 am

I like the new player notes nice job Yahoo. The only thing I would change/ recommend is the new notes should stand out more like they did before. Right now there is only this tiny red, faded circle. It makes it harder to see than the previous bolded red box/ square thing.
Image
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Posts: 2668
Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:32 am

edit: Nevermind, just expanded from where they used to be ;D
Image
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2068
Joined: 2 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Shooting for par

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 am

woodson_28 wrote:
Yoda wrote:ESPN free live scoring is a freaking joke. You guys seriously sit there and stare at it?


I think you missed the point. It's because of free live scoring that we don't have to sit and stare at the screen for 20+ minutes while we tally stats.

For instance: Lets say that it's Saturday night. The last game has just finished up. You are trying to decide between starting W. Taveras or J. Cust on Sunday (the last day of scoring) as one of the your regular's is injured. You quickly check the H2H score. You're up by 2 in HR, but down by 1 in SB (stats through friday - as Sat stats won't be up until after midnight PST). But how did your players do today? How did your opponents players do today?

If you have yahoo, and don't have "live scoring", you have to sit there for 20+ minutes and tally up your players results, and than your opponent's players results. After that, you notice you're now up by 5 HR's and tied in SB. You start W. Taveras.

If you had free live scoring, you just sign on, check the updated results, see that you are set on HR, and tied at SB. You start Taveras. 30 seconds after you originally signed on, you're off doing something else.... living your life.

Get w/ the program Yahoo.


I'm convinced that you never used Stattracker in your life.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 pm

IS NICE!

much improved over the old version, and way more pleasing to the eye. believe it or not, yahoo has a plan for their fantasy system (not that i'm privy to it). they're just taking a staggered approach to rolling it all out. google would call it a 'beta'.
Image
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1550
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Yahoo Player Data Windows

Postby woodson_28 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Or you could just spend $10 because you're an adult and even in the recession/depression we're in, $10 won't kill you


First off, as a casualty of the recent explosion of layoffs and unemployment, I really don't have the money to spend on a luxury item such as stattracker. You say $10 isn't a lot of money, but that's probably because you get $20 in allowance a week from your mommy and daddy. As an adult w/ one fixed income at the moment, I'm trying to decide between heating my house, or checking out live scoring on Yahoo (which is free on other sites) - that's no decision at all.


bigh0rt wrote:Or you could see that if you are up by 2 Runs and are outscored by 3 Runs on Saturday that you are currently down 1 Run heading into Sunday, which shouldn't really be some rocket science calculation.


You missed the point. The calculation itself is not difficult. The difficult, or time consuming part, is clicking on each player, and checking the box score of each game, then noting the stats for each one of you players. Adding up the stats to determine you weekly total through Saturday, so that you can make an informed decision about who to start on Sunday. ESPN free living scoring gives you all this information at your teams main page, therefore, you don't have to waste time checking out the box score of each game.

bigh0rt wrote:You've gotta love the impossible to please crowd, though. Only they could turn a thread about a cool new little feature into a complaint within the first two replies of a thread.


I guess I should just post, "Thank yahoo for slightly improving an already existing feature! This alone has convinced me to stop using ESPN and use Yahoo alone! Great job." Yahoo pats itself on the back.

Is there a reason why this must be done on Saturday night?


I would assume most people would wish to know where their team stood before Sunday. Say you were up by much in RBI, HR, but down by 2 in SB. If you had an open roster spot, you could pick up a second SB specialty guy in hopes of getting enough SB's out of Willy + the new FA pick up. Simple logic IMO.

I'm convinced that you never used Stattracker in your life.


Confused by this comment... why?
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 890
Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jahemeneves and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact