Do I have any glaring weaknesses? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Postby V » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Standard 12 team 5x5 Roto, recently had my draft, and I'm rather happy with my team, all told; do I have any glaring weaknesses that I should look at addressing?

C: Geovany Soto
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Brandon Phillips
3B: Aramis Ramirez
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Josh Hamilton
OF: Nate McLouth
OF: Justin Upton
Util: Cameron Maybin
Ben: Elijah Dukes
Ben: Ian Stewart
Ben: Elvis Andrus
Ben: Adam LaRoche

SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Joba Chamberlain
RP: Chad Qualls
RP: Mike Gonzalez
P: Max Scherzer
P: Javier Vazquez
P: Zach Greinke
Ben: Justin Duchscherer
V
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do I have any glaring weaknesses?

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:15 pm

first of all I would address your outfield. if Mclouth doesn't live up to last year, which I believe he won't, then you have alot riding on youngsters Upton and Maybin..

2nd, I would address placing this post in the rate my team forum as this is the wrong place for it.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby V » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:20 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:first of all I would address your outfield. if Mclouth doesn't live up to last year, which I believe he won't, then you have alot riding on youngsters Upton and Maybin..

2nd, I would address placing this post in the rate my team forum as this is the wrong place for it.

2 - sorry about that; I thought I was in the correct forum, but had surfed to check something out. Is there a way for me to move it? I reported it already.
V
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am

V wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:first of all I would address your outfield. if Mclouth doesn't live up to last year, which I believe he won't, then you have alot riding on youngsters Upton and Maybin..

2 - sorry about that; I thought I was in the correct forum, but had surfed to check something out. Is there a way for me to move it? I reported it already.

no big deal... I was just kidding around.. no harm done.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby jmurphy_j » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:44 am

No glaring weakness. You lack an ACE pitcher, but your SP is still solid.

Im actually sold on McLouth, so I think you are fine there. The biggest issue I see is that your 3rd outfileder and your utility player Justin Uptin and Maybin. Both are young prospects with some of upside, but they are also both young, unproven, and carry a lot of risk. Though they may contribute this year, most of their upside is long-term, which doesn't matter since this isnt a keeper league. There's a good chance at least one of them will have a good year, but I wouldn't count on both of them......I would at least try to get some extra insurance from the free agent market.

I would try to grab at least 1 more OF or utility player. The problem is I don't think you should trade anybody (Your starters are solid, but the bench players aren't good enough to have any trade value,....or to fill if you traded a starter). So scour the waiver wire for a OF/Util with upside.....but otherwise you have a solid team. Stewart, Andres and even LaRoche are all expendable.

Good Luck!
jmurphy_j
College Coach
College Coach

Postby uk_bosox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:50 am

Your team is pretty solid, but as previous correspondant's have stated, I'd go out and add another OF, If Ian Stewart gets a gig, I try and ship LaRoach who seems pretty popular in drafts this year.

Good Luck
uk_bosox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:37 pm

aside from missing a 'true ace', i see nothing wrong from where i'm standing. dukes should be a pleasant surprise for you this year. really, that's all i got. job well done :)

me:
viewtopic.php?t=371233
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby JRAMI » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm

If I had to pinpoint something, I would say you could use a pitcher. I never liked Felix much, he is so up and down,I dont trust him. As for Joba ,who knows, a lot of hype but we will see how he performs. Your offense clearly outdoes your pitching.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team