Please rate my draft results in my keeper league...WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my draft results in my keeper league...WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my draft results in my keeper league...WHIR

Postby DisBeAliG » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:31 pm

12-team H2H league with the following categories: R, HR, RBI, STL, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9.
I punted the save category, but it was a strategy I tried last year and yielded me good results as I killed the rest of the league in almost every other pitching stat other than S.

C -- Clement
1B -- Pujols (K)
2B -- J. Lopez
3B -- C. Davis
SS -- Tulo
OF -- Sizemore (K)
OF -- Braun (K)
OF -- Ellsbury
UT -- Cruz
UT -- J. Upton
BN -- Dukes

SP -- Lincecum (K)
SP -- CC (K)
RP -- Devine
RP -- Hanrahan
P -- Liriano (K)
P -- Jimenez
P -- J. Johnson
BN -- Harden
BN -- Gallardo
BN -- Danks
BN -- Carmona
DisBeAliG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my draft results in my keeper league...WHIR

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 am

ill break it down by position for ya...

C- Not a huge fan of Clement but guessing you snagged him in the later rounds which is good value there...
1B - Pujols, not much i can say there he speaks for himself...
2B - Again with lopez guessing a later round pick and real good and reliable value...
3B - Davis if he pans the way everyone is predicting hes gonna be stud, im a little concerned on him playing a full year to see how the young guy does, but great upside there...
SS - Tulo i still believe is a stud, ive been high on this kid since he broke onto the scene, i think he has a surprising bounce back year...
OF - love this mix... swavy vets with Sizemore and now Braun and then the promising talent of Ellsbury, Crus, Upton and possibly even Dukes (not huge on him but has potential)...

SP - Love the combo of Lincy and CC, almost the control and power combo to dominate...nice...
RP - wouldn't necessarily you punted saves, i think devine works the pains out and beats Zeigler out for the closing job in Oakland, and as far as im aware hanrahan is still closing in Washington? if not my bad there...

Overall i think you have a nice lineup, maybe a little power heavy with your only real threat of SB being Ellsbury obviously and Sizemore will throw in a couple there, may watch out for a deal to get another power/SB guy... Arms love them, perfect compliments with Lincy and CC, and your backend i think will hold their own to get you some stats here and there each week...

Outta 10 i say at least an 8.5, add a little more speed and see about cleaning up the C spot and watch your young cats and you will be easily a 9+... nice lookin squad there...

thanks for the help on mine!

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Weasel_King » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:09 am

I really like the looks of your team. Your offense is great, with the exception of your catcher, but that won't bring you down much. Since it is a 6x6 league, I like the idea of punting saves because 1 category with a 1 in it won't kill you and the extra points in the other categories will make up for it. Your pitching staff is great, I think you have a shot at the championship.

Check mine out?
viewtopic.php?t=370447
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JRAMI » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 am

you have a really great balanced team. As good as your offense is, I love the pitching staff even more, your staff has the potential to be completely dominating ,Gallardo and Liriano on one team? Thats pretty sick.

Please rate my team
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370567
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pyne Ryder » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanks for the advice on my team. I think next year I may have enough confidence in my evaluation skills to try drafting by round vs auto draft. :-o

As others have said your pitching is exceptional, I like Liriano as well. If Lincicum and CC are the 1-2 punch, Liriano could be the knock- out blow. I also agree that your RP position has not been totally abandoned, you have the potential to pick some save points here and there.

While not a dire need, you could upgrade at catcher. Check your WW and see if Salty or Doumit are still available, they were in mine. I also think there are better options than Dukes out there, maybe it's just a personal bias, but I think he is a classic under-achiever.

All in all you have a formidable team and should have no problems getting deep in the play-offs.

Good Luck! ;-D
Pyne Ryder
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby LloydChristmas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Let's discuss the pros and cons of punting saves because its something I've thought about trying. Assuming you have an innings pitched max and min, you're going to have X innings pitched over the course of the season. Those innings will obviously be pitched by either a starter, closer, (or middle reliever). Let's break them down and what you'll be looking for from them:

Starting Pitcher: Wins, Good ERA (3.50 maybe), Good WHIP, Lots of Ks
Closer: Saves, Great ERA (Sub 3.00), Great WHIP, Sacrifice some Ks

So assuming you allocate some of those innings to closers, the hope is that you receive saves, a moderate boost in ERA, and a moderate boost in WHIP. These last two categories won't be as drastic because the closers don't accumulate as many innings, but 80 innings of 2.00 ERA always helps.

So the question becomes this when deciding to punt saves: Will the boost you get in Wins and Ks be enough to offset the lack of saves and drop (albeit slight) in ERA and WHIP?
LloydChristmas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Aggie_Eric98 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm

I am thinking you may want to package one of your SP for another proven bat. You have a lot of upside with Ellsbury, Cruz, Dukes and Upton, but counting on 3 or 4 to contribute may be asking a little much. Perhaps package one of the above mentioned upside guys and a SP for a quality bat.
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
Aggie_Eric98
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DisBeAliG » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Aggie_Eric98 wrote:I am thinking you may want to package one of your SP for another proven bat. You have a lot of upside with Ellsbury, Cruz, Dukes and Upton, but counting on 3 or 4 to contribute may be asking a little much. Perhaps package one of the above mentioned upside guys and a SP for a quality bat.

You are right on with this. I have a couple of proposals out there so I can trade Harden. I've been burned one too many times with that guy in the past. This year was he was available much later than normal and the only reason I picked him is to turn him around and trade him.
DisBeAliG
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team