Just drafted, please rate... WHIR... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted, please rate... WHIR...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted, please rate... WHIR...

Postby smackarito » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:54 pm

It is a rotisserie league, 6 X 6... it is a 10 team league... the categories are -
offensive - runs, rbi's, hr's, sb's, avg and ops
pitching - wins, saves, k's, holds, era and whip

here is my team

C - Jorge Posada
1B - Lance Berkman
2B - Dan Uggla
3B - Garrett Atkins
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Matt Holliday
OF- Alex Rios
OF - Ryan Ludwick
UT - Hideki Matsui
UT - Brad Hawpe
Bench - Hank Blalock
Bench - Jeff Franceour
Bench - Troy Glaus

SP - CC Sabathia
SP - Francisco Liriano
SP - Erik Bedard
RP - BJ Ryan
RP - Brian Fuentes
P - Francisco Cordero
P - Joey Devine
P - JJ Putz
Bench - Chris Carpenter
Bench - Chris Young
Bench - Wandy Rodriguez

There you have it... any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated... Thanks all!!!
smackarito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just drafted, please rate... WHIR...

Postby skjelstrom » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Im just not sold on Matt Holiday... Going from the biggest hitters park to a complete opposite Pitchers park. I just don't think he is worth what he is going for.

I would try to trade Ludwick for a solid catcher. I think there are ALOT better options than Posada in a 10 team league.

Im not sold on Liriano either but if stays healthy and on top of his game he could easily be an elite top 5 Starter. If not close to the best. Thats IF he is healthy.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 103)

Postby smackarito » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow, seriously only I response?
smackarito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Weasel_King » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 am

I like your offense, although I think at his age Posada will struggle and u might have to make a move for another C. Your pitching staff is solid, I think Liriano will have a good year. If I were you I would sit tight, or maybe package a deal (maybe with one of your backup pitchers?) for a better C.

Check mine out?
viewtopic.php?t=370447
Weasel_King
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby smackarito » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 am

Thanks.
smackarito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:49 am

heres my breakdown...

C- Posada, hes gettin older but i still think he has a year or couple left in him, i wouldn't be overly worried at this point, would keep my eyes peeled for a C tho...
1B- Berkman, nice power and production, just watch the allstar break slump for him...
2B- Uggla, love this guy yes he may hurt your average a bit, but outstanding power production from the middle infield position...
3B- Atkins, hes consistant can't ask for much more in your infield... hot corner seems to be a little shallow and you have a nice option there... Blalock, could have an outstanding bounce back year, or could be a bust a nice pick here seens how you already have atkins if blalock doesn't turn out... Glaus, not huge on him injuries are always a woe point with him, but if healthy will give you great trade bait...
SS- Reyes speaks for himself here, great addition of speed to compliment all of the power you have in your infield, very nice balance...
OF- Holliday, ok yes he was in the best hitters park, but hes also a great hitter himself, the guy is a career .319 average, meaning he knows when and where to hit the gaps, yes his dingers MAY drop, but the average and rbi totals will still be there... Ludwick im still not compeletely sold on this cat, i had him in a couple lineups last year and i know Stl finally was the team to give him a shot, but i don't think hes legit #2-#3 OF material just yet... Rios i love this guy, if he can stay healthy he will give you a great boost of power and speed... Matsui, imho one word, junk unless he can turn it around being the everyday DH i think hes just a flop... Hawpe overly underrated imo, i mean how much quieter can a guy put up 20+ with 80+ and an avg around .290 a year?? solid, solid spot on your UTIL... Franny, i so hope this guy bounces back and i have a feeling he will in a big way kid is still young enough to revamp his career...

SP- like the combo of CC/Liriano #1/#2 power and control, and i wouldn't worry about Lirano he showed he was back at the end of the year last year... Bedard is kind of sketchy, can the guy stay healthy? we all know he can toss the ball its just the health thats the issue, then you combo that with Carp and Young and the back half of your rotation is a huge medical condition waiting to happen... love the front half, but the back half keep a watchful eye over...
RP- Star studded cast there... you have the potential to be carrying 4 Closers there, thats hard to do without scraficing elsewhere, nicely done... and if Putz finally gets back to form he could single handedly carry your team in Holds...

Overall i say a 7.5-8/10... C is weak, ?'s in the OF that if pan out you sit pretty, and then injury woes on your starting rotation... fix one or 2 of those and its easily bumping you to the 8.5-9 range... nice squad...

help me out...
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=371102&p=2978315#p2978315

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team