Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's your league size?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What's your league size?

Postby mak1277 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm

12-team keeper league
12-team redraft league
10-team NL-only keeper

I don't think going below 12 teams would be fun for me. My favorite of the three is definitely the NL-only. I like that you need to know who teams have in their 3rd/4th/5th starter spots, 3rd OFers, etc.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:09 pm

16 team dynasty 18 man active roster
16 team dynasty 23 man active roster
12 team redraft 23 man active roster
14 team redraft 15 man active roster
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:14 pm

dmbjeff wrote:What's your league size?

That's a personal question.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby NCAARules » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

12-team NL-Only roto league with 23 man active rosters; 7-man minor league roster and no bench spots. very deep.
love the challenge of NL-only league - have played mixed leagues at similar size, and I agree with your post - those can be cake-walks. ((also, unlimited keepers at $5 increases))
NCAARules
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby aardvarks » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:16 team 25 man roster
12 team 27 man roster

I like the challenge in a deeper league.

TSN?

12 team 27 man

12 team 23

12 team 23 (Keeper)
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:45 pm

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby swyck » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:00 pm

dmbjeff wrote:dont u find drafting in a 10 team league to be extremely easy? having 10 picks in the first 100 is crazy to me.in an 18 teamer you get 6 picks in the first 100. makes the draft very important. there are still gems to be found on the WW, last year i ended up with cliff lee for instance. do you choose smaller size because it's standard? because you only can find 10 people to join the league? you feel like less teams is an easier challenge? im just curious.

I'm not sure why you think it would be easier. It's all a matter of perspective. You do get 10 top 100 players, but so does everybody else. It's not any "easier" to win since everyone has the same rules and the same draft.

Me, I think 12 teams is a good size for an enjoyable league, which is what I'm looking for these days. Not everyone that exercises does wind sprints or marathons. I used to commish a 20 team 25 roster league and had a lot of fun doing that. It is more work, which is not really the same thing as a challenge.

I'm in one 12 and one 16 team league this year, but I'm passing on my 18 team 25 roster league this year. So yeah, I've played in all size leagues, and I don't find 12 teamer's to be less of a challenge or less enjoyable. :-D
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby 4Pack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm

dmbjeff wrote:dont u find drafting in a 10 team league to be extremely easy? having 10 picks in the first 100 is crazy to me.in an 18 teamer you get 6 picks in the first 100. makes the draft very important. there are still gems to be found on the WW, last year i ended up with cliff lee for instance. do you choose smaller size because it's standard? because you only can find 10 people to join the league? you feel like less teams is an easier challenge? im just curious.

Well...until last season I had participated in only 10 and 12 team leagues. Last season I was invited to join an established 16 team league...and I found that to be just as "easy" as the 10 and 12 team leagues.

No matter how you slice or dice it....every manager in the league has the same pool of players to choose from and must put together the best team from that pool.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kentx12 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:21 pm

10 team h2h keeper it was my 1st league and we are still going.

12 team auction keeper

12 team roto $250 redraft

15 team roto keeper

10 team h2h keeper My 2nd ever team and still going

I also usually find a couple of yahoo drafts with settings similar to leagues I play in so I can draft before my actual draft.

I do believe 10 teams are easier to draft in however I dont believe they are any easier to win. Everyone has the same amount of top talent. That being said if the two 10 team keepers I am in ever break up I would not go back to a 10 team league again.

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:33 pm

My two money leagues are 12 teamers, and my Cafe league is a 12 teamer as well. For my fourth and final team this year, I am undecided.
Honestly, I am looking for a 4rth, if anyone has any openings. I would not mind one bit to join a 14+ team league for my final team, Yahoo preferred. I would LOVE to find a 14+ league with some sort of keeper rules, though it would have to be with some devoted managers. ;-D

sorry to turn this into a 'Classified' post. :-/
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers