Second year fantasy player needs advice.. thanks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Second year fantasy player needs advice.. thanks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Second year fantasy player needs advice.. thanks

Postby Pyne Ryder » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Thanks for reading my post, I'm only in my second year of fanatsy BB so I need all the help I can get. I'm in a Yahoo H2H 12 team league and my team was drafted over the weekend via auto draft. I did use my own rankings so I think I did a little better this year than last, how much better time will tell. Please take a look at my team and tell me where I need work.

C Brian McCann
1B Albert Pujols
2B Dan Uggla
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff
SS Derek Jetter
OF Carl Crawford
OF Adam Dunn
OF Carlos Beltran
Util Joey Votto
BN VernonWells
BN Ty Wigginton
BN Marco Scutaro
BN Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Pitchers

SP Aaron Cook
SP Justin Verlander
P Bronson Arroyo
P Edwin Jackson
P Brett Myers
P Randy Wolf
RP Joe Nathan
RP Heath Bell

I think offensively I'm in pretty good shape, my pitching seems to be average at best. Bell is also a big concern, as he is not a proven commodity and has been a bit in consistant. Any advice is appreciated and I will be more than happy to rate your team in return.

Thanks!
Pyne Ryder
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Second year fantasy player needs advice.. thanks

Postby twistedude » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Your offense is STACKED - really awesome group of players you have there.

On the other hand, your pitching is honestly really bad for a 12 teamer. Your only reliable arm is Joe Nathan, and he's not enough. Try to trade a few bats for solid SP's. I'd try to move an OF - Beltran, Crawford, Dunn, or Wells. Don't trade the first two unless you can get a stud though.

Also, drop Scutario for the best SP available on the waiver wire. If you list the top SP's available, I'd give you advice on who to pick up. Also I think Edwin Jackson is WW material in a 12 teamer. Good luck!

Here's mine: viewtopic.php?t=370898
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby capitalh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I agree about your offense. I love that you have Salty and McCann both. Personally I am not a big fan of Uggla and have concern about his production this year, but perhaps that comes more from being a Mets fan than a fantasy baseball critic :)

Also, I know in the past I might have overvalued Carl Crawford. He always looked so good with the potential for great power and speed. This isn't to suggest I don't like him in your OF (I think you have a great OF), but I am wondering if you think there is any chance you might be able to swap Carl for a pitcher from someone in your league who might still think Crawford will put up the numbers he used to be projected for? I dunno, just a passing thought.

I think your pitching does need work, and agree with the other poster you should drop scutaro for an available pitcher. In my 12 team league, I went with Sonnanstine from the FA pool because I am a big fan of his K/BB ratio, think he might be a little undervalued for someone who posted almost 200 innings last year. Just some things to consider... Good luck!
capitalh
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DisBeAliG » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:50 pm

From now on, if you care about winning, do yourself a favor and don't auto-draft ;-)
The most important thing you want is balance on your team and at this point, your offense has a sizeable advantage over pitching. Find a way to land a couple of pitchers to deepen your bench (either via trade or the FA wire) and you should do fine.

Pls look at my post too: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=371080
DisBeAliG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pyne Ryder » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm

I checked out the WW last night and the best guys available were Pelfrey, Sonnenstine, Wakefield, Garland and Padilla. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Pelfrey and Sonnenstine, dropping Scutaro and Jackson. That should bolster my pitching a little. If I can land a stud starter via trade I'm set, if not at least I'm better off than I was a couple of days ago. Thanks for the input!

Good Luck All! ;-D
Pyne Ryder
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team