Rate my H2H 12 team Suqad! WRIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my H2H 12 team Suqad! WRIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my H2H 12 team Suqad! WRIR

Postby sreill » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:56 am

c Ianetta
1b Berkman
2b Phillips
3b Ecanarcion
ss JJ Hardy
of Beltran
of Ellsbury
of C. Lee
u Fielder

sp J. Santana
sp Oswalt
sp Pelfrey
sp Jiminez
sp J. Sanchez

rp Street
rp Marmol

B Delgado
b Hafner
B Hermida
B Gallaraga
B Burrell
sreill
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my H2H 12 team Suqad! WRIR

Postby fortune cookies » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am

The only weakness I see is pitching depth. I would possibly trade Fielder/Berkman for a complete stud (maybe Lincecum) because you could easily start delgado at util. Also, you could trade one of them to get a mid range pitcher (like lackey) and an upgrade at 3B or SS. I just feel there is no reason to own both berkman and fielder when you have a perfectly capable replacement on your bench and weak pitchers after your top 2.

Thanks to Idahofan1 for the great sig
fortune cookies
College Coach
College Coach

Postby down.by.law » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:40 am

I agree. deal fielder for a lower first tier / top second tier pitcher. you should also consider a backup at 3B. if you can deal one of those bench OF's for a DeRosa / Gordon level player - you'll be in much better shape.
"He's Pressing Right Now And Just Needs To Find His Stroke"
-Wheels
down.by.law
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby sreill » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 pm

fortune cookies wrote:The only weakness I see is pitching depth. I would possibly trade Fielder/Berkman for a complete stud (maybe Lincecum) because you could easily start delgado at util. Also, you could trade one of them to get a mid range pitcher (like lackey) and an upgrade at 3B or SS. I just feel there is no reason to own both berkman and fielder when you have a perfectly capable replacement on your bench and weak pitchers after your top 2.

Thats exacley what I planned on doing. The ironic thing is that I had a deal trading fielder for Peavy and weiters on the table. I posted it up here and the overwhelming majority said I was crazy so I turned the offer down based on the opinions on the trade forum here. That owner then traded Peavy for Tex..(Crazy, I know) so that deal is now off the table.

Im in a league where owners put a huge emphasis on starting pitching. Right now the best offer that I have is Fielder for billingsley and chris B. Young. Not loving that one.
sreill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sreill » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:25 pm

Anyone else?
sreill
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rockfan616 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Just keep dangling Fielder or Berkman as trade bait for another starter and see what you can get. Someone is bound to bite on it eventually. I'm sure there are other deals that could be in the works if you find the right owner to trade with. I don't know if you'll get a Lincecum or a Webb or a Halladay for him. But you should get a good starter anyway. Keep trying other teams and see what you can do though.

Please rate one of my teams here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370017
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team