12-team ROTO WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12-team ROTO WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 12-team ROTO WHIR

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:38 am

Not bad at all, the OF like everyone else has said has some issues (Drew is too much of an injury concern for me to draft, but I am a Red Sox fan so I might pick him up off the FA list if he's hot and healthy) and I'm not sure what you'll get out of Kawakami. But other than that you're team is pretty good. I wouldn't worry about Micheal Young too much at SS, he will get 3B eligibility later on in April as he's playing 3rd this year (Elvis Andrus is Texas' SS this season) but Young is a solid fantasy contributor anyway just not in power numbers. Stephen Drew would have been preferable but Young isn't a bad pick IMO. Other than that I would say pretty good team. ;-D

Please comment on my team here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372498
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby livinginarizona » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am

I updated what my new team looks like after trade (look on front page plz), wanted to see if people think OF situation got addressed.

I no longer have JD Drew on team.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:54 am

livinginarizona wrote:I updated what my new team looks like after trade (look on front page plz), wanted to see if people think OF situation got addressed.

I no longer have JD Drew on team.

Nice job on your trade man, getting both Dye and Maholm is a pretty nice deal in your favor. And also Joey Devine will probably end up as the closer for the A's sometime soon. I know he's supposed to split save oppertunities with Brad Ziegler to start off the year, but he's got the better closers stuff than Ziegler does IMO and should take over sometime soon.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby livinginarizona » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:05 am

Trade was actually DiceK and Carlos Gomez for Dye and Devine. I picked up Maholm off waivers.

And I'm just waiting for season to start so I can DL Smoltz and pick up Kelvim Escobar.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:11 am

livinginarizona wrote:Trade was actually DiceK and Carlos Gomez for Dye and Devine. I picked up Maholm off waivers.

And I'm just waiting for season to start so I can DL Smoltz and pick up Kelvim Escobar.

I take it Escobar is going to be healthy right from the start of the year?? Last I heard he was out until probably May or so. Thanks for the heads up, I might pick him up on another team I have (Ervin Santana is out for a while, so I'll need someone to take his place on that team). ;-)
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby livinginarizona » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 am

Mon, Mar 16

Lyle Spencer, of MLB.com, reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Kelvim Escobar (shoulder) threw 25 pitches to live hitters in Spring Training Monday, March 16, and said he felt good. Escobar threw fastballs, curveballs and changeups during the session. He is scheduled to throw another batting-practice session Thursday, March 19, and could throw in a game as early as Sunday, March 22.

(KFFL)Fri, Mar 13

Lyle Spencer, of MLB.com, reports Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SP Kelvim Escobar (shoulder) threw all of his pitches except for his slider in a 60-pitch session Friday, March 13, and said he felt good. He is expected to face live hitters in batting practice Monday, March 16. Escobar could face minor league hitters within 10 days before making his spring debut. However, there is no timetable for his return to the team's rotation.

(KFFL)See All Notes »

I think there's a thread in Injuries and Player Updates on him. He's ahead of schedule, so I'm hoping for a late April early May return.
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rockfan616 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:43 am

Once again, thanks for the heads up on Escobar. I'm going to keep an eye on him in my other leagues. It's good to see he's ahead of schedule seeing that he missed all of last year.
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kfix19 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Like others have already said, the outfield looks the weakest to me. But overall, you are always going to have a few minor holes to fill.

You should do well in your league. I haven't played in a 5x5 roto league in a long while, so there are some categories that you know your team better than I.

Players (not the top tier guys) that I like on your team would include Corey Hart, Yovani Gallardo, Conor Jackson, Moholm.
kfix19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team