Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting!

Postby beezer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm taking a flier on him in my 14 teamer. Just lost Nady also so what the heck. I can afford to stash him for a while and see how the situation plays out. Texas must have a lot of confidence in him to bat him cleanup! I've read great things about the Texas batting coach also. Maybe he "fixed" Andruw? Of course, the question is how much PT is there for him. I can see him getting a lot of AB's vs. lefties at the least, but he started vs. a righty the other night. A lot depends on Davis and Blalock. Keep an eye on the situation no doubt.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby yossarian » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:42 pm

I grabbed in a 10 team league with large benches. Dropped Stewart for him. Figured playing time was a factor for both of them. I might as well grab the hot bat that was extremely productive just two seasons ago.
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gmq » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:32 pm

If you're Texas, you get this man in the lineup everyday, immediately. The potential to regain stride at hand, to take advantage of the heat at hand, this is Andruw Jones, you take take whatever risk you see, you demote whoever needs demoting as diplomatically as possible, Andy should be playing...PERIOD.
gmq
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Just took a flier on him in one league, myself. What the hell, right?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:53 am

I grabbed him since Alex Gordon hit the DL, didn't need another 3B and figure Jones might hit a hot streak.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:36 am

You guys do realize he won't be playing everyday, right? My guess is that he'll start about 3, maybe 4, games a week at this point.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:50 pm

rookies and cream wrote:You guys do realize he won't be playing everyday, right? My guess is that he'll start about 3, maybe 4, games a week at this point.

But if he picks his pace up he will get more playing time

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RenPastana » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 pm

gmq wrote:If you're Texas, you get this man in the lineup everyday, immediately. The potential to regain stride at hand, to take advantage of the heat at hand, this is Andruw Jones, you take take whatever risk you see, you demote whoever needs demoting as diplomatically as possible, Andy should be playing...PERIOD.

Hmm...I somewhat agree with this cat...

However, the only players I would sit for Druw would be the platooners at LF (Byrd and Murphy), but they too are hot, especially Byrd! So what do you do?

The Rangers have the best farm system in the game, according to various sources, and they're having to block a ton of talent because of the players in the big's already!

IMO, I think Ron Washington is going to use Druw twice every week to build up his trade value while not putting him out on the field for D purposes to where scouts will be able to see his flaws again! Just my 2 cents!
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:01 pm

1-3 with a bb and run scored. would like to see him get a little more action, especially over byrd. dig that byrd is hot, but come on.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby beezer » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:00 pm

In the lineup tonight as DH batting cleanup. CBS reported that the Fort Worth-Star Telegram stated "Jones will see more time at 1B" per Texas manager. I looked for it on the Telegram website and couldn't find anything to confirm that. Chris Davis is K'ing 50% of the time so I would imagine he could see a cut in playing time. Good news for Andruw. I will continue to stash him.
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers