Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting!

Postby San D » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:15 pm

Andruw is now batting .280 this spring and just hit a HR today. He started very slow this spring striking out practically every time up. Does the Texas coach have a shot of fixing him?!?!?! 8-o
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Whoa...an Andruw Jones sighting!

Postby High and Inside » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Definetly a guy worth watching...

He'll be way undervalued after 10 straight 25+ HR seasons, not to mention he'll be playing on one of the league's best offensive clubs.
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Postby San D » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm also watching him for another reason. I'm high on Nelson Cruz this year, but his value would take a slight hit if Andruw were to earn playing time. Hamilton would slide to RF, and I imagine Cruz would be in LF if Andruw won time in CF. However, Byrd and Murphy would get AB's somewhere and Blalock is at DH (Young and Davis are at 3B & 1B).

Basically, 5 hitters (Cruz, Jones, Byrd, Murphy, and Blalock) would be battling for 3 lineup spots.
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 pm

San D wrote:I'm also watching him for another reason. I'm high on Nelson Cruz this year, but his value would take a slight hit if Andruw were to earn playing time. Hamilton would slide to RF, and I imagine Cruz would be in LF if Andruw won time in CF. However, Byrd and Murphy would get AB's somewhere and Blalock is at DH (Young and Davis are at 3B & 1B).

Basically, 5 hitters (Cruz, Jones, Byrd, Murphy, and Blalock) would be battling for 3 lineup spots.

If Cruz's pt is slighted from this fool, I WOULD BE PISSED!!! :-t
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby stumpak » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

San D wrote:I'm also watching him for another reason. I'm high on Nelson Cruz this year, but his value would take a slight hit if Andruw were to earn playing time. Hamilton would slide to RF, and I imagine Cruz would be in LF if Andruw won time in CF. However, Byrd and Murphy would get AB's somewhere and Blalock is at DH (Young and Davis are at 3B & 1B).

Is it really the case that they would play Fat Boy in CF? I don't think he is better than Hamilton at this point, although as a Hamilton owner I would love to see his legs saved.

If Jones does have a hitting rennaissance, however, he will get the opportunity for ABs. The Rangers have a 1B/3B/OF logjam, but injuries will probably sort this out in 6 weeks.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DSheppard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Jones struck out in like 8 of his first 10 at bats or something like that. it was quite sad.
But, it did come out that jaramillo had altered his swing and thus it might take a little while to adjust, and now hes had 3 good games in a row. So yes, there may yet be hope.

However.. David Murphy, Nelson Cruz, and Marlon Byrd have all been fine.... and Brandon Boggs has shown up big so far as well. Theres really no way to know how its going to shake out right now. Should be interesting.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:31 pm

I think if Andruw gets AB, it'll be at the expense of either Byrd or Murphy. Cruz's spot seems safe, I'd think.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby mobzz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:53 am

How fat is he this year? He killed me 2 years ago and then I stubbornly picked him again last year thinking he had to rebound :(
mobzz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby decoy562 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:26 am

He's shown up to camp in shape...
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 am

Who?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers