alright... after doing a bit of research here's how I rank them..
1. Markakis- 25 yrs old - has had back-to-back .300+ avg. 20+ hr season and steals a few bases to boot. also when looking at his splits, he hits righties and lefties almost exactly the same, and home and away almost the same. he just wreaks of consistancy... and there is still room for improvement.
2. Kemp- 24 yrs old- .290 18hr and 35 SB last year and a solid year before that. in addition he's hitting in front of Manny all year long.. I expect big things. pretty much a tie with markakis
3. BJ Upton- 24 yrs old- the wild card of the bunch. two years ago has 24 hr and runs a bit too (22 sb) last year his power completely dropped off (9 hr) but he ran way more (44 sb) i just don't know what to think of this guy.. his erratic number swing really bug me, could spell disaster... but also could spell 30/40.. ??!?!!"?!?!!?!!?
4. Jay Bruce- he's shown us what he's capable of it's just a metter of when it all comes together.. probably next season, maybe this season
5. Carl Crawford- 28 yrs old which seemingly is over the hill.. it looks like the power is never coming, but I think he'll rebound from the way uncharacteristacally low 25 SB last year.. I think 40+ SB is pretty much a guarentee from ol' Carl.. he'll probably get that avg. back up to .300 as well
6. Curtis Granderson- I hate to say it, but I think he may have found his ceiling all ready. not saying he's gonna decline, not any time soon but I think .280 20hr 25sb is about the max this fella has.. which certainly is not bad, just not quite as good as the rest of this group..
agree?? disagree?? i'd love to hear it. and WHIR
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16