Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:19 am

ChasingDeadFish wrote:For some reason my last post didn't quote.I was saying that Petite being the Yankees # 4 guy is going to be facing alot of bums on the backend of their teams respected rotation.I should also put this in the gambling thread.

The defensive upgrade from Giambi to Teixeira is massive, and should Gardner hold his CF job, he'd trump Melky's defense in '07 and '08. The Yankees might actually have a passable defense this year. Pettite's FIP has been on average a whopping 0.60 lower than his ERA in his last 5 years as a Yankee, including 0.83 in '08. He's also had a roughly .333 BABIP over those 5 years, never going below .323 (.339 in '08). The defensive upgrades should help that a lot.

ChasingDeadFish wrote:bums on the backend

lol
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 am

dave knight wrote:Cody Ross - #555 - Very good HR and RBI here, will start in RF for Marlins. He's a good 3rd outfielder who I'd rather have than the injured and overrated Vernon Wells (84) among others.

Brandon Lyon - #573 - I think more people are aware of this. Bad pitcher, but saves are saves.

Who are some other buried gems?


hermida is starting in rf. ross should get the majority of the LF abs.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby podoffdubs » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:39 pm

#839 Eric Chavez - A's - If he stays healthy (BIG IF), he can still hit the ball and knock in runs
#848 Pedro Feliz - Phillies - Starting 3B for the World Series Champs
#875 Luis Castillo - Mets - Starting 2B for the Potent Mets, and could bat leadoff with tons of runs
#897 Todd Helton - Rockies - Starting 1B and plays at Coors Field
#904 Melky Cabrera - Yankees - Could start in CF and hit in the Yankees lineup
podoffdubs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 67
Joined: 1 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm

podoffdubs wrote:#839 Eric Chavez - A's - If he stays healthy (BIG IF), he can still hit the ball and knock in runs
#848 Pedro Feliz - Phillies - Starting 3B for the World Series Champs
#875 Luis Castillo - Mets - Starting 2B for the Potent Mets, and could bat leadoff with tons of runs
#897 Todd Helton - Rockies - Starting 1B and plays at Coors Field
#904 Melky Cabrera - Yankees - Could start in CF and hit in the Yankees lineup


I wouldn't touch any of those guys in a 12 team league. I wouldn't touch most of them in a 20 team league.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 337)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby Eagle Baseball » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:36 pm

not that I think any of these guys should be or will be drafted but I think at some point a few of them may have the potential to make a few watch lists.

943 Rivera LAA
726 Baldelli Bos
795 Murphy NYM
866 Fontenot Cubs

405 Hanson ATL
910 Contreras CHISOX
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1913
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby podoffdubs » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
podoffdubs wrote:#839 Eric Chavez - A's - If he stays healthy (BIG IF), he can still hit the ball and knock in runs
#848 Pedro Feliz - Phillies - Starting 3B for the World Series Champs
#875 Luis Castillo - Mets - Starting 2B for the Potent Mets, and could bat leadoff with tons of runs
#897 Todd Helton - Rockies - Starting 1B and plays at Coors Field
#904 Melky Cabrera - Yankees - Could start in CF and hit in the Yankees lineup


I wouldn't touch any of those guys in a 12 team league. I wouldn't touch most of them in a 20 team league.


I was basing it off a 16 team league setup...

Ill take starters while you draft backups ;-D
podoffdubs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 67
Joined: 1 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:17 pm

someone underrated that i really like this season is Felipe Lopez 2B for Arizona. his career numbers at Chase Field are impressive- .341 AVG/ .420 OBP/ .506 SLG/ .926 OPS.
im not sure where he will be hitting for them, 1st/2nd? he could score alot of runs, maybe 10+HR/20+SB?

Asdrubal Cabrera? is he the starting 2B for Cleveland?
in 07AAA in 96 games he had 7 HR and 23 SB with .310 AVG. could he go 10/15-20/.300 with Cleveland?

if Dallas McPherson can start with Florida he has alot of HR potential. he had 42 in AAA last season in 127 games, along with 14 SB. im not sure i would count on much of an AVG with him though.

Kendry Morales? starting 1B for LA Angels? 06AAA- .320 AVG/ 07AAA- .341 AVG/ 08AAA- .341 AVG along with 15 HR.

i think some of these OF have been mentioned in different spots..
Nyjer Morgan? Fred Lewis? Chris Dickerson? Adam Jones? Shin-Soo Choo?

for SP how about Anthony Reyes from Cleveland?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby ChasingDeadFish » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:
ChasingDeadFish wrote:For some reason my last post didn't quote.I was saying that Petite being the Yankees # 4 guy is going to be facing alot of bums on the backend of their teams respected rotation.I should also put this in the gambling thread.

The defensive upgrade from Giambi to Teixeira is massive, and should Gardner hold his CF job, he'd trump Melky's defense in '07 and '08. The Yankees might actually have a passable defense this year. Pettite's FIP has been on average a whopping 0.60 lower than his ERA in his last 5 years as a Yankee, including 0.83 in '08. He's also had a roughly .333 BABIP over those 5 years, never going below .323 (.339 in '08). The defensive upgrades should help that a lot.

ChasingDeadFish wrote:bums on the backend

lol


I appreciate the Info Torpedo,this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about that puts a player on a higher awareness level playing fantasy baseball.I think Pettite is In line to have a very solid year and having Tex at first with what I think is a career .995 FP is huge.You guys are the experts,so keep it coming ;-D
No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda
ChasingDeadFish
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 12
Joined: 7 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: North bound with the Hammer down.

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:not that I think any of these guys should be or will be drafted but I think at some point a few of them may have the potential to make a few watch lists.

943 Rivera LAA
726 Baldelli Bos
795 Murphy NYM
866 Fontenot Cubs

405 Hanson ATL
910 Contreras CHISOX


I defiantly agree with J. Rivera. People forget that just a couple years ago he had a really good season and most expected more the following season. However he got hurt and never had the chance. But he should be back and will be be the full time DH, and split time w/ Vlad/Abreu when they need a break. Lifetime .284 hitter that should hit around 25hr's w/ very nice rbi chances.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Re: Useful players buried in the Yahoo Rankings

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:53 pm

is Rivera guaranteed full time with LA? i think i read somewhere that when he just signed the contract there early in the winter he was going to be promised regular playing time. what do the Angels do with Gary Matthews JR? between RF/CF/LF/DH they have Guerrero, Hunter, Abreu, River, and Matthews. im assuming none of them can play 1B and that will be where Morales plays full time.
i would think Matthews isnt a regular starter, but couldnt he see starts here and there and maybe for Rivera instead of getting say 150+ starts he gets more like 130ish?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Oct. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact