Matt Kemp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Matt Kemp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Matt Kemp

Postby djxskillz » Thu May 28, 2009 10:37 pm

why not? the dodgers are winning so whatever he is doing is working. But i get your frustrations from a fantasy standpoint.
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby redjake » Thu May 28, 2009 10:50 pm

djxskillz wrote:why not? the dodgers are winning so whatever he is doing is working. But i get your frustrations from a fantasy standpoint.

There's always the possibility that the team is winning in spite of what he's doing, but I get your point. And, I admit my frustration is strictly fantasy-based.

But really, 8th? In front of the freaking pitcher? That's f'n retarded.
redjake
College Coach
College Coach

Postby djxskillz » Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 pm

hah yeah. maybe torre is going with the "if its not broken, don't fix it" motto
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Skimo77 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 pm

redjake wrote:
djxskillz wrote:why not? the dodgers are winning so whatever he is doing is working. But i get your frustrations from a fantasy standpoint.

There's always the possibility that the team is winning in spite of what he's doing, but I get your point. And, I admit my frustration is strictly fantasy-based.

But really, 8th? In front of the freaking pitcher? That's f'n retarded.

i understand what youre saying, but Torre seems to bat him in a different spot in the order each game... as far as i recall this is the first game he's batted 8th this season.. been all over but usually 6th or 7th... which is still dumb
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby Montana168 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 am

i feel for you guys. i own kemp in my dynasty and keeper league and it is very frustrating that kemp is hitting in the bottom of the order, but honestly, he hasn't earned moving up in the order so far. since the great start he had in the first 2 weeks of the season, kemp hasn't been a stud that everyone is hoping for. the SB are there with 11 and he brought his avg back up to .296, but he's been in a funk this month. he's only slugging .343 with an OPS of .677 and a .273 BA with 1 HR. that does not warrant being moved up to 4th or 5th. and when he occasionally moves up there, he struggles and goes 0-4 or 1-4. believe me, i want kemp to succeed and be the stud he is capable of being, but until he proves to be consistent he belongs in the 6-7-8 spot until he earns the right to bat over martin, ethier, blake, etc.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tah161 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:53 pm

And what has Martin done to prove he is able to hit higher in the order?

I think Martin should be right infront of the pitcher.

I also dont like the fact that Torre puts Kemp at a different spot everynight. Let the guy settle in! I still think he should be batting third, but whatever.
tah161
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby battles » Fri May 29, 2009 8:29 pm

good to see him go yard today. still would like to see him moved up in the order.
battles
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Montana168 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:37 am

[quote]And what has Martin done to prove he is able to hit higher in the order?[quote]

martin is hitting .317 in the month of may with a .437 OBP. both of those stats are much, much higher than kemp's may stats. martin also doesn't K at an alarming rate like kemp does. martin has just 12 SO to 17 walks in the month of may. i know martin isn't hitting for power this year because he has yet to hit a long bomb and his season SLG % is .313, but he has been a better overall hitter in the month of may than kemp has.

at least we saw kemp go long last night, even though the shot was just over the left center wall. would like to see him get more than 1 hit though. hopefully he can follow up with a solid night tonight.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Skimo77 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 pm

i know i keep bringing this up... but seriously can anyone give a good argument to why Matt Kemp is batting 7th in tonights lineup? joe torre ... its frustrating
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby damnitman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:05 pm

I got rid of C.Hart for the same reasons. Dont like dealing with guys who dont have a spot in the lineup
damnitman
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates