Limited Yahoo Draft Dates - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Limited Yahoo Draft Dates

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Limited Yahoo Draft Dates

Postby tms298 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks, I was thinking that the regular season began Sunday, April 5th. Could you please tell me when the regular MLB season begins? Thanks a lot, Genie, I guess I will have to move my draft a week earlier.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:21 am

tms298 wrote:Thanks, I was thinking that the regular season began Sunday, April 5th. Could you please tell me when the regular MLB season begins? Thanks a lot, Genie, I guess I will have to move my draft a week earlier.

The first game is Sunday, April 5th. But fantasy weeks run Monday to Monday. Because it would be goofy to have a fantasy matchup one day long, the first week of the fantasy season runs from 3/30 to 4/12.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby kweiss » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Any chance the Yahoo Winner Leagues will have some more frequent or convenient draft times?

There have been incredibly few winner league draft times all season. I even reported to Yahoo a week ago that there were literally zero time slots available, and while there are now at least some slots, the earliest available draft date is April 9th!

I'd love to get a Winner League draft in before the season starts. Is this possible?
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:22 pm

kweiss wrote:Any chance the Yahoo Winner Leagues will have some more frequent or convenient draft times?

There have been incredibly few winner league draft times all season. I even reported to Yahoo a week ago that there were literally zero time slots available, and while there are now at least some slots, the earliest available draft date is April 9th!

I'd love to get a Winner League draft in before the season starts. Is this possible?

I can add a few, but we always need to be careful about adding too many of them. Not that many people choose to play in Winner leagues. If we offer drafts all over the place, then each of you might pick a different timeslot, and then none of you get to draft, because none of your leagues are full. So we limit the draft times to sort of herd you all together so you can fill the leagues we do create. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Hmm. What I saw didn't match your description; there should have been some slots available. All the same, I added a few more drafts for each roto and h2h, so if you check back tomorrow, you should see a few new options.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kweiss » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
kweiss wrote:Any chance the Yahoo Winner Leagues will have some more frequent or convenient draft times?

I can add a few, but we always need to be careful about adding too many of them. Not that many people choose to play in Winner leagues. If we offer drafts all over the place, then each of you might pick a different timeslot, and then none of you get to draft, because none of your leagues are full. So we limit the draft times to sort of herd you all together so you can fill the leagues we do create. Hope that makes sense.

EDIT: Hmm. What I saw didn't match your description; there should have been some slots available. All the same, I added a few more drafts for each roto and h2h, so if you check back tomorrow, you should see a few new options.

I assumed this was probably the case, but it seemed like it would make more sense in my humble opinion to herd the players into a more reasonable slot before the season.

Here is what I see. It did change a little since I made my last post.

If I try and pick a time by date, I get this when I click on most days.

Since most days I click give me that error message, I sort by Time. These are the only ones available, all after the season starts (for 3 PM, the other times are pretty similar).

I realize this cannot possibly be an easy situation to manage, and I really appreciate that you're taken the time to respond and look into this.
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 am

So this was still last night. Did you check today (Tuesday)?
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kweiss » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:So this was still last night. Did you check today (Tuesday)?

It looks better today. I don't get any error messages, and I was able to get a draft in March 28th at 8:30. Thanks sir!
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jondunc » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm not seeing any options for Rotisserie Live Draft PLUS leagues. I'm trying to sign up for Sunday of this week or Saturday or Sunday of next week, but neither have openings. Can any more be added? ;-D
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Why does the fantasy week start on March 30th? The season doesn't start until April 5th. Just wondering what the reason for that was.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Why does the fantasy week start on March 30th? The season doesn't start until April 5th. Just wondering what the reason for that was.

Because every fantasy week starts on a Monday. This is important for consistency, and even more important for leagues with weekly roster deadlines.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers