Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Coppernob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Bit confused here

League with 3 optional Keepers. Non snaking draft

Let say everybody submit their 3 keepers except for one manager who does not like his previous year's team.

How does the yahoo draft work? Does that manager get the first 3 picks or the last 3 picks to balance out the roster?

Thanks
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 129
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Re: Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Coppernob wrote:Bit confused here

League with 3 optional Keepers. Non snaking draft

Let say everybody submit their 3 keepers except for one manager who does not like his previous year's team.

How does the yahoo draft work? Does that manager get the first 3 picks or the last 3 picks to balance out the roster?

Thanks

That is entirely up to the commissioner. The commissioner can set the entire draft order, including where those managers "take" their 3 protections. They can take them in round 1-3, they can take them in the last rounds, they can take them in rounds 4, 11, and 17, each manager can take them in different rounds, etc. etc.

Bottom line is that every keeper league is different, so we tried to build tools that were as flexible as possible to support as many keeper league configurations as possible.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Coppernob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:27 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Bottom line is that every keeper league is different, so we tried to build tools that were as flexible as possible to support as many keeper league configurations as possible.


Thanks!

BTW another quick question that I have in with Yahoo help desk but maybe you can help. The drag and drop feature is not working for me in Firefox 3.0.7. Have you heard of anyone else with similar problems?
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 129
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Re: Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Coppernob wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Bottom line is that every keeper league is different, so we tried to build tools that were as flexible as possible to support as many keeper league configurations as possible.


Thanks!

BTW another quick question that I have in with Yahoo help desk but maybe you can help. The drag and drop feature is not working for me in Firefox 3.0.7. Have you heard of anyone else with similar problems?

I have not, no. I'm running Firefox 3.0.7 and updated my rosters earlier today without problem, so it likely isn't just "it doesn't work with Firefox 3.0.7". An easy thing to do right up front is disable any Firefox extensions you have installed to see if that makes a difference.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Coppernob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote: An easy thing to do right up front is disable any Firefox extensions you have installed to see if that makes a difference.


Bingo. It was the Greasemonkey addon. a pity because a user in this forum had a really useful addon that allowed us to see two weeks instead of one week or one month. Maybe some updates will solve this. BTW thanks for all the time you spend in here. I really appreciate it year after year - the keeper is a nice touch and last years efforts to improve statracker is appreciated, maybe it is the year i finally leave classic statracker, even though i love that you can see everything in one screen!
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 129
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Francisco

Re: Yahoo Draft order when using Keepers

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Coppernob wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote: An easy thing to do right up front is disable any Firefox extensions you have installed to see if that makes a difference.


Bingo. It was the Greasemonkey addon. a pity because a user in this forum had a really useful addon that allowed us to see two weeks instead of one week or one month. Maybe some updates will solve this. BTW thanks for all the time you spend in here. I really appreciate it year after year - the keeper is a nice touch and last years efforts to improve statracker is appreciated, maybe it is the year i finally leave classic statracker, even though i love that you can see everything in one screen!

Bwanna (I assume that is who you mean) has some nifty stuff. It may well be that you don't need to disable GreaseMonkey, just instead figure out which of his scripts is fighting with drag and drop. Or send him beer to coax him into fixing it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: joiingds, unioreimi and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact