What leagues are the most fun to play? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

What leagues are the most fun to play?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What leagues are the most fun to play?

Postby CubsRefugee » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 am

It's that time of year again. So, what league(s) are you going to play?

IMHO, based on personal experience, ESPN and Yahoo, in that order, have the best leagues.

You definitely want to stay away from Sportsline's standard daily H2H leagues. They haven't changed their 2009 rules. I really thought they would fix their major rules blunder from 2008 which was their first year with daily H2H leagues. It's a shame because they have the most user-friendly stats and reports. Their daily H2H leagues are undisciplined free-for-alls. If you want to live on your computer 24/7 you can probably be a winner. This is because there are no limits on the number of pitcher drops and adds as long as you pitch them at least once. In weekly leagues, this would not be as big a problem. They haven't recognized this in adopting rules for a daily game. Complaints to Sportsline about roster churning just get blown off. And, for pay leagues, once they have your money you will not get it back.

I have no vested interest in any of these leagues. I am just trying to save others the waste of time and money I experienced with Sportsline last year. Choose your league(s) wisely and have fun.
Yogi: Our game yesterday was interrupted by three streakers. Acquaintance: Were they male or female? Yogi: I don't know, they had bags over their heads. (True story)
CubsRefugee Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions