Pick 8 in a 14 team roto league any good? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pick 8 in a 14 team roto league any good?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick 8 in a 14 team roto league any good?

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:27 pm

I scored the 8th pick in my draft. Is this a good spot with 14 teams? I am sure I will land one of Braun, Miggy, Sizemore or Hamilton.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 8 in a 14 team roto league any good?

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:32 pm

shoelessjoetara wrote:I scored the 8th pick in my draft. Is this a good spot with 14 teams? I am sure I will land one of Braun, Miggy, Sizemore or Hamilton.

It's what you do after Round 1 that is going to determine how well you do in the league this season.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:59 pm

I agree with you on that. to be honest, I am not worried about the next few rounds because I have learned in the past that the other guys in my league usually make mistakes in their drafts and I capitalize at that point. They reach on players usually. I have won my league 2 yrs in a row and hopefully, knock on wood , it will be 3.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Check out the leagues currently drafting here...

I know the Masters 2009 league is 15 teams and the Cafeholics Challenge is 14 teams....there might be others in there as well that are more than 12 teams. Might give ya some ideas.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Ender » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:01 pm

With ARod's injury and him mostly likely slipping out of the 1st round I don't like the 8th pick as much anymore. To be honest I don't like the end of the 1st round or start of the 2nd round. I think the guys you get at the end of 2nd round are in the same tier as picks 9-14. So I'm really hoping to get 1-7 in my drafts this year.

Hamilton, Teix, Howard, Kinsler etc are good players but it won't surprise me to see a Carlos Lee, Manny Ramirez or Prince Fielder picked mid to late 2nd round match them in value.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby j24jags » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm

The Brushback League is also a 14 team roto league so you can check that out too ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Spartans Rule » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:18 pm

8th is a good draft spot. 1.8 isn't a particularly good pick, but I like being in the middle in larger drafts. You're in a good spot to react to runs.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:25 pm

I have been looking at some of those drafts. The A-rod injury will hurt my chances of landing Braun Sizemore or Miggy. I am now looking at Hamilton or Teixeira. Tex is intriuging to me because of the move to NY in that lineup. Arod will be back and will help out. I will probably have a 2nd round pick that will match him in stats so that is not a bad thing in my opinion. Towards the end of the 2nd round is where things get real interesting to me. I would love to have a combo of Teixeira and Beltran, Soriano or Manny.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers