Rate this 50-player DEEP team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this 50-player DEEP team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate this 50-player DEEP team

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 pm

gore51 wrote:Well, pretty much the league has 1500 players on rosters, so I can't really drop Bill Hall. The best option I have is playing Sean Rodriguez and moving Omar INfante to 3rd. Bill Hall's projections are decent, and I have him batting 7th, so it should work. Here is my lineup, I've made a couple moves:
1. Coco - CF
2. Omar - 2B (.330 OBP)
3. Milton - DH/LF (projected 17th best hitter)
4. Nelson - RF (has great ZIPS)
5. Joey Votto - 1B
6. Jason Botts - LF (crazy good ZiPS, not sure why, just picked him up) / Nick Punto - SS
7. Bill Hall
8. Eliezer Alfonzo
9. Pitcher/ Nick Punto - SS

Wasn't suggesting you drop him. :) Was suggesting you see what kind of deal you can work out.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gore51 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Oh okay, well I don't think there is much of a market for him. But, I 'm going to keep him. He provides VG(very good, 2nd best rating behind EX exceptional) defense, so that is an asset
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 pm

gore51 wrote:Oh okay, well I don't think there is much of a market for him. But, I 'm going to keep him. He provides VG(very good, 2nd best rating behind EX exceptional) defense, so that is an asset

wow. The league you're in is no joke. Defense too, huh? You're right - its NOT "fantasy baseball" at all. Its hard to give you advice because I'm not used to looking that far down the depth chart. :D

Still, if there IS anything you can do to improve your 3B, I'd try to do it.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gore51 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Yeah, my best immediate choice would be waiting until June, and drafting a low-ceiling, high-floor 3B, which is what I might do. I also might wait and try to draft a higher profile 3B with one of my Round 1 picks, Conor Gillaspie maybe, I love his OBP
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm

S27 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

It's tough to gauge how good your team is without anything to compare it to in the unusual format. SP stands out as a potential weakness (but I'm not sure what the other teams' look like in comparison). Your OF and 1B situations look strong.

If I were you, I'd be looking to solidify your starting pitching and middle infield in the June draft.

I agree, I dont know much about this league , but long term SP is weak, and you could use a #B in the present.

please rate mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370857
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby gore51 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Padres Fan wrote:
S27 wrote:Thanks for the reply.

It's tough to gauge how good your team is without anything to compare it to in the unusual format. SP stands out as a potential weakness (but I'm not sure what the other teams' look like in comparison). Your OF and 1B situations look strong.

If I were you, I'd be looking to solidify your starting pitching and middle infield in the June draft.

I agree, I dont know much about this league , but long term SP is weak, and you could use a #B in the present.

please rate mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370857

I already did rate your team...lol
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. Everything looks good except the 3B. Hall as your numbver 1 is weak.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bonger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:08 am

Thanks for the help with mine.

I reckon yur strongest position is your OF and 1b. Very nice with high ceiling.

I'd be looking to the draft for starters and 3B as those seem to be your weakiest spots by far.
Bonger
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team