Rate this 50-player DEEP team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate this 50-player DEEP team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate this 50-player DEEP team

Postby gore51 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:04 am

http://www.diamond-mind.com/ - I think there is a list of leagues here, not sure how many are recent. I got into my league kind of randomly lol.

List of Projections:
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/ - ZiPS projections are finished for I think 28 teams (no White Sox or Yankees yet)

One last question. What team are you a fan of? Because if you are a Giants fan, I heard of an opening for the Giants team in a wierd league where it really helps to be a fan of the organization you head. Not sure if that spot is still open though.
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BoBtheMule » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:54 am

if some of the guys are interested in sim type stuff, search for baseball mogul also
not as advanced but still has a lot of depth, including historical leagues.

I can't really say much more about your team that hasn't already been said. Definately focus on pitching in the draft and if you're in a tough division, especially against that stacked team, I'd probably look long term and rebuild my whole team around youth. Try to get in the position that guy already is in... that way when he starts to fade, you're there to pick up after him and have a huge run.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gore51 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:05 pm

I'll defintely try. One small problem, the guy NEVER fades haha. In the 8 years of the league, he has 6 division wins, 1 wildcard, 4 pennants, 3 world series wins. Last year was the only year he missed the playoffs, even though he had the 4th best record in baseball and the only reason he missed was that his team went downhill the last month. I am definitely focusing on pitching. If I can get a strong 1-5, I know I can rival him, because I have much better defense and a much stronger pen. Luckily for me, his youth pitching in the reserves isn't as great as the pros, all he has is Wade Davis and Sean Gallagher. But his IF is crazy for the future, Pedro Alvarez, Elvis Andrus, Chase Headley, Sean Doolittle, Brandon Wood and in the OF he's got Gorkys Hernandez and Michael Saunders.
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rbranum » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:18 pm

ill be honest...i think your team sucks horribly
rbranum
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby gore51 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm perfectly fine with you thinking that, an explanation would be nice though haha
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rbranum » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:26 pm

well first off...in just about any draft i have participated in you do not have one player that has gone in the top 100. i would say that is a major...MAJOR problem. Let's be realistic about your pitching..it sucks. Kyle Lohse is your Ace...figure it out man.
If i were you i would quit this league lol because you have no chance in hell
rbranum
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Rockfan616 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:42 pm

gore51 wrote:http://www.diamond-mind.com/ - I think there is a list of leagues here, not sure how many are recent. I got into my league kind of randomly lol.

List of Projections:
http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/ - ZiPS projections are finished for I think 28 teams (no White Sox or Yankees yet)

One last question. What team are you a fan of? Because if you are a Giants fan, I heard of an opening for the Giants team in a wierd league where it really helps to be a fan of the organization you head. Not sure if that spot is still open though.

Thanks for the links man, I'm actually a Red Sox fan. So I'm sure there's already someone who's another Sox fan who owns a Sox team (baseball rules up here in the Northeast!! :-D)I'll check it out and see what openings there are in other leagues. Thanks again!!!
Rockfan616
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gore51 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 pm

rbranum wrote:well first off...in just about any draft i have participated in you do not have one player that has gone in the top 100. i would say that is a major...MAJOR problem. Let's be realistic about your pitching..it sucks. Kyle Lohse is your Ace...figure it out man.
If i were you i would quit this league lol because you have no chance in hell

Well....IT IS NOT A FANTASY LEAGUE!!! haha, so I didn't draft any players this year, if you had bother reading, it is a league that uses projections and is a 30 team league. My team is definitely not great, but it is DEFINITELY not bad. Most GMs in the league are predicting that I should win the NL Wild Card position,only because a studly team is in front of me. My minor leagues are also in the top-3 in the league, so I am definitely not quitting. Do you even know who Lars Anderson is? How about Carlos Triunfel? If you are going to bash my team, you should probably know your stuff first. I agree that my pitching is my #1 problem, but if you had read, you would have known this. I am in hot pursuit of Jake Peavy, even though it is a 1-year rental deal, his contract ends at the end of the season. With that said, I have one of the best bullpen's (I just signed Akinori Otsuka, who was given projections this year for some reason, and they are good) in the league, so my team should fare allright if we get the lead late in a ballgame.
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thatguysound » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Wow... quite the league. Sounds more like a GM simulator than typical fantasy baseball.

I'd say that your SP could use a boost if you can swing it, and I really wouldn't trust Bill Hall further than I could throw him. Of course, I think I'm still thinking of the depth that you are used to seeing in most fantasy leagues, so I'm not sure what kind of options you have.
As of 8/4/13
C:Napoli 1B:Goldshmidt 2B:Kinsler, Gyorko SS:Tulo, Profar 3B:Longoria, Machado, Middlebrooks OF:Harper, J. Upton, AGon, R. Davis, Venable SP:Scherzer, Minor, Ryu, E.Santana, Beachy, Samardzja, J.Johnson (DL), T.Ross RP:Perez, Rodney, Farquar
thatguysound
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby gore51 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, pretty much the league has 1500 players on rosters, so I can't really drop Bill Hall. The best option I have is playing Sean Rodriguez and moving Omar INfante to 3rd. Bill Hall's projections are decent, and I have him batting 7th, so it should work. Here is my lineup, I've made a couple moves:
1. Coco - CF
2. Omar - 2B (.330 OBP)
3. Milton - DH/LF (projected 17th best hitter)
4. Nelson - RF (has great ZIPS)
5. Joey Votto - 1B
6. Jason Botts - LF (crazy good ZiPS, not sure why, just picked him up) / Nick Punto - SS
7. Bill Hall
8. Eliezer Alfonzo
9. Pitcher/ Nick Punto - SS
gore51
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team