Anybody play baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anybody play baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anybody play baseball?

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 pm

So I'm signed on to begin play in this NABL league. National Adult Baseball League. Was wondering who else plays baseball? I've played softball for years and it's a lot of fun, but I wanted more of a challenge and a friend turned me on to this league. I'll be playing at the rec level and a manager called me up and got me on a team playing shortstop. I'm pretty pumped about it, but I need to hit the batting cages. Having played softball for so long it's difficult to catch up to anything that's not floating through the zone. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anybody play baseball?

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:So I'm signed on to begin play in this NABL league. National Adult Baseball League. Was wondering who else plays baseball? I've played softball for years and it's a lot of fun, but I wanted more of a challenge and a friend turned me on to this league. I'll be playing at the rec level and a manager called me up and got me on a team playing shortstop. I'm pretty pumped about it, but I need to hit the batting cages. Having played softball for so long it's difficult to catch up to anything that's not floating through the zone. :-b

I play in my high school's alumni baseball game. My curve is still quite unfair. :-)
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oddmanout7 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm

I played baseball all throughout hs, and the first year of college. However, now that I am majoring in biology %-6 I had to drop sports because of the many conflicts with labs. :-° Sucks, but I didn't have a future in baseball. It was great while it lasted. Now I just help coach different teams, which is a blast. But man do I miss playing.
Last edited by oddmanout7 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chris8 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm

I play CF for my local team here in England. Last year we won our division for the first time ever! B-)
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:57 pm

oddmanout7 wrote:I played baseball all throughout hs, and the first year of college. However, now that I am majoring in biology %-6 I had to drop sports because of the many conflicts with labs. :-° Sucks, but I didn't have a future in baseball. It was great while it lasted. Now I just help coach different teams, which is a blast. But man do I miss playing.

Coaching is awesome. I got to coach my son's baseball team the last couple years and it might be more fun than playing on my own. He wants to do soccer this year instead though. :-C :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Definitely go to the cages to get your timing and bat speed back. I played in a college alum game this past year and I did good in the HR derby but the first time I saw 80+MPH I couldn't believe how bad my timing and bat speed was after 10 years.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:43 pm

markj11 wrote:Definitely go to the cages to get your timing and bat speed back. I played in a college alum game this past year and I did good in the HR derby but the first time I saw 80+MPH I couldn't believe how bad my timing and bat speed was after 10 years.

Yeah, we were fooling around a while ago and a buddy of mine was pitching hard with a softball and I couldn't catch up. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 pm

I played through high school and my first year of college too, but haven't played since. I'm trying to play in a NABA league this summer though.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:28 pm

How do you find a league?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I played baseball all throughout hs, and the first year of college. However, now that I am majoring in biology %-6 I had to drop sports because of the many conflicts with labs. :-° Sucks, but I didn't have a future in baseball. It was great while it lasted. Now I just help coach different teams, which is a blast. But man do I miss playing.

Coaching is awesome. I got to coach my son's baseball team the last couple years and it might be more fun than playing on my own. He wants to do soccer this year instead though. :-C :-D

A sport that you can't get away with being an unathletic slob. Good for him. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Next

Return to General Talk