AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby dannahann » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Who is Tom Brady? I bet he cant play 3rd base. :-B
Still you cant compair Brady to Payton.
Brady is only good cause his O-line gets him all the time of the world, and got great receivers. After the snap he has time to read the Belichik cheat chart, watch the other teams pre-game walkthru video, drink some coffey, go thru his reads, and throw it up in the air cause Randy will catch it anyway.
Without all this he is just good, and not great. The Giants proved it. Cassell proved it.
But Payton is great. He dont need any of that.
Back to A-ROD.

I guess Jeter is Brady, no?
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

hardcore wrote:Cassel didn't put up Brady stats.

Yes but you are talking about a guy who has never started a game since high school and should have taken the team to the playoffs. But anyway.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Yoda wrote:I would think you need to discount his value by at least 10-15% Unstable lower body means a lot less power and speed. I would think that SB is where you will see the biggest drop.

I think you are looking at an Aramis Ramirez type production in the end.

And Id say less than Aramis, and the risk will be there all year that, he wont be able to produce like he used to, that he'll need time off, or even go to the DL.
On the other hand the Yankees desperate to win another WS. Then again if they are looking good mid September they might just shut him down for two weeks, and suddenly you are without a 3rd baseman, for your H2H finals.

All in all, Id take Aramis over A-ROD.

I'm not sure if I'd take Aramis over him still. Definitely a high risk/reward pick and if you plan the draft around Arod then I think you will be ok.

Would be interesting to see some of the drafts going on now and how people are building their roster around Arod.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby garf112 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 am

i came in to see if there was new news on ARod's injury, and all I saw was football talk.

%-6

take it to the footballcafe...
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:50 pm

You guys are straight retarded...

Peyton is no Brady.

Tom is the man, he can through TDs all day, and win superbowls with some crrap recveievers.

Peyton has talent dont get me wrong, but is no Brady.
He is more like I dont know, but is not Brady.

END DISCUSSION/
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:05 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Who is Tom Brady? I bet he cant play 3rd base. :-B
Still you cant compair Brady to Payton.
Brady is only good cause his O-line gets him all the time of the world, and got great receivers. After the snap he has time to read the Belichik cheat chart, watch the other teams pre-game walkthru video, drink some coffey, go thru his reads, and throw it up in the air cause Randy will catch it anyway.
Without all this he is just good, and not great. The Giants proved it. Cassell proved it.
But Payton is great. He dont need any of that.
Back to A-ROD.

You know, I hate Tom Brady, but you are out of your mind. Brady hasn't even won a Superbowl with Moss, he won three without him with mostly below average receivers. Manning on the other hand, who I actually like, has had one of the best receivers ever in Harrison for his entire career and now he has Wayne who is a top 5 receiver in the league. I'm not going to argue who is better between Brady and Manning, but to paint the picture the way you have is just laughable.

I dont hate Brady. All I know that he is a very good athlete, and thats no reason to hate someone.
What I said was obviously exaggerated. Sorry that you are too blind see that.
But saying that Brady won all those SBs cause he is the ONE, and not because of that great Defense, and great coaching they had is ignorant. That D held "The greatest show on turf" to 17 points!
If you think that, they only won cause they had Brady, then you are out of your mind.
He WAS a very good "system QB" earlier, when he won those titles, thats it. Now he has grown into a very good QB, but despite that, he didnt win any title recently.

BTW great receivers will make a mediocre QB look great. Just ask Culpepper. Harrison and Wayne are good, but they are no Moss. Moss is unique.

And just imagine that they had to play behind the 2007 Dolphins O-line for years. Brady relies on the coaching staff, and be dead meat, but Payton would be able to do at least something out of nowhere. Cause he is a natural. A great football mind. A field general. He recognizes defenses and makes adjustments.
And noone would even consider saying that Brady is great.
But I guess this picture I pained is laughable too.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Yoda wrote:I would think you need to discount his value by at least 10-15% Unstable lower body means a lot less power and speed. I would think that SB is where you will see the biggest drop.

I think you are looking at an Aramis Ramirez type production in the end.

And Id say less than Aramis, and the risk will be there all year that, he wont be able to produce like he used to, that he'll need time off, or even go to the DL.
On the other hand the Yankees desperate to win another WS. Then again if they are looking good mid September they might just shut him down for two weeks, and suddenly you are without a 3rd baseman, for your H2H finals.

I'm not sure if I'd take Aramis over him still. Definitely a high risk/reward pick and if you plan the draft around Arod then I think you will be ok.

Would be interesting to see some of the drafts going on now and how people are building their roster around Arod.

The way I see it, if you dont wanna risk your whole season by takin A-Rod, I think you need to draft an insurance. So what we looking at is Davis, Huff or Chipper. And that means the pitching or OF would suffer. And even more if you'll have to reach for one of them.
But if A-Rod is oke, then it could turn out to be a great move, with so many usable OFs can be had later, while 3b is thin as it gets.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:The way I see it, if you dont wanna risk your whole season by takin A-Rod, I think you need to draft an insurance. So what we looking at is Davis, Huff or Chipper. And that means the pitching or OF would suffer. And even more if you'll have to reach for one of them.
But if A-Rod is oke, then it could turn out to be a great move, with so many usable OFs can be had later, while 3b is thin as it gets.

Even if you take Arod in the 3rd round and he misses the entire season, it would definitely suck but I don't think your season is over assuming you are playing in a standard league.
Last edited by Yoda on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WyldStallyn » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:I dont hate Brady. All I know that he is a very good athlete, and thats no reason to hate someone.
What I said was obviously exaggerated. Sorry that you are too blind see that.

can we please be mature enough to not make personal attacks?

But saying that Brady won all those SBs cause he is the ONE, and not because of that great Defense, and great coaching they had is ignorant. That D held "The greatest show on turf" to 17 points! If you think that, they only won cause they had Brady, then you are out of your mind.

how is saying that brady didnt have good receivers (while manning did) the same as saying he did it all on his own?

wait, how did this turn into a football discussion?
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CadensDad » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:

The way I see it, if you dont wanna risk your whole season by takin A-Rod, I think you need to draft an insurance. So what we looking at is Davis, Huff or Chipper. And that means the pitching or OF would suffer. And even more if you'll have to reach for one of them.

Davis/Chipper/Huff? Those 3 aren't even in the same "group" in 3b rankings

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers