AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 pm

kab21 wrote:How does Arod get the blame?

Because he faked the injury to get out of the WBC. Duh. :-D

On a serious note, I wasn't actually suggesting Arod deserves blame.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:29 am

Who is Tom Brady? I bet he cant play 3rd base. :-B
Still you cant compair Brady to Payton.
Brady is only good cause his O-line gets him all the time of the world, and got great receivers. After the snap he has time to read the Belichik cheat chart, watch the other teams pre-game walkthru video, drink some coffey, go thru his reads, and throw it up in the air cause Randy will catch it anyway.
Without all this he is just good, and not great. The Giants proved it. Cassell proved it.
But Payton is great. He dont need any of that.
Back to A-ROD.

I agree with those who say that couning on A-ROD this year.
Yoda wrote:I would think you need to discount his value by at least 10-15% Unstable lower body means a lot less power and speed. I would think that SB is where you will see the biggest drop.

I think you are looking at an Aramis Ramirez type production in the end.

And Id say less than Aramis, and the risk will be there all year that, he wont be able to produce like he used to, that he'll need time off, or even go to the DL.
On the other hand the Yankees desperate to win another WS. Then again if they are looking good mid September they might just shut him down for two weeks, and suddenly you are without a 3rd baseman, for your H2H finals.

All in all, Id take Aramis over A-ROD.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:57 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Who is Tom Brady? I bet he cant play 3rd base. :-B
Brady is only good cause his O-line gets him all the time of the world, and got great receivers. After the snap he has time to read the Belichik cheat chart, watch the other teams pre-game walkthru video, drink some coffey, go thru his reads, and throw it up in the air cause Randy will catch it anyway.
Without all this he is just good, and not great. The Giants proved it. Cassell proved it.
Back to A-ROD.

You know, I hate Tom Brady, but you are out of your mind. Brady hasn't even won a Superbowl with Moss, he won three without him with mostly below average receivers. Manning on the other hand, who I actually like, has had one of the best receivers ever in Harrison for his entire career and now he has Wayne who is a top 5 receiver in the league. I'm not going to argue who is better between Brady and Manning, but to paint the picture the way you have is just laughable.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
Back to A-ROD.

You know, I hate Tom Brady, but you are out of your mind. Brady hasn't even won a Superbowl with Moss, he won three without him with mostly below average receivers. Manning on the other hand, who I actually like, has had one of the best receivers ever in Harrison for his entire career and now he has Wayne who is a top 5 receiver in the league. I'm not going to argue who is better between Brady and Manning, but to paint the picture the way you have is just laughable.

Not that I really want to enter into another Petyon/Brady discussion, but it's worth asking whether Reggie Wayne is a top-5 receiver because he's so great and makes Peyton looks good or if it's because Peyton is so good that he makes Reggie Wayne into a top-5 receiver. My inclination is the latter. See also: Drew Brees and what gets hyped as receivers in NO and SD before that.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:51 am

Matthias wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
Back to A-ROD.

Not that I really want to enter into another Petyon/Brady discussion, but it's worth asking whether Reggie Wayne is a top-5 receiver because he's so great and makes Peyton looks good or if it's because Peyton is so good that he makes Reggie Wayne into a top-5 receiver. My inclination is the latter. See also: Drew Brees and what gets hyped as receivers in NO and SD before that.

Yeah look what Cassell did last year. NE has an awesome system. You put Cassell in IND, I doubt he puts up numbers that rival Manning.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 am

Yoda wrote:
Matthias wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:You know, I hate Tom Brady, but you are out of your mind. Brady hasn't even won a Superbowl with Moss, he won three without him with mostly below average receivers. Manning on the other hand, who I actually like, has had one of the best receivers ever in Harrison for his entire career and now he has Wayne who is a top 5 receiver in the league. I'm not going to argue who is better between Brady and Manning, but to paint the picture the way you have is just laughable.

Yeah look what Cassell did last year. NE has an awesome system. You put Cassell in IND, I doubt he puts up numbers that rival Manning.

I don't think Cassell would have done nearly as well with the pre-Moss/Welker Pats. Brady won 3 Superbowls without them though
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:30 am

KCollins1304 wrote:I don't think Cassell would have done nearly as well with the pre-Moss/Welker Pats. Brady won 3 Superbowls without them though

We'll never know. We can only go by what players actually have done. If Cassell sucks in KC then it will be even more telling.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby hardcore » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Tom Brady never had James,Manning, and Harrison on offense and won 3 SB's . Manning got lucky and won 1 because he played
the worst Qb in Super Bowl History.The Colts had a ridiculous amount of possesion time.
The Bears were going to win that game if they had someone who can hike the ball properly and throw to WR.
Manning has a mediocre playoff record and that is all that needs to be said.
Da idiot says: The dow is meaningless
Stupidest thing ever said on any message board
hardcore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hardcore » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:07 am

Yoda wrote:
Matthias wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:You know, I hate Tom Brady, but you are out of your mind. Brady hasn't even won a Superbowl with Moss, he won three without him with mostly below average receivers. Manning on the other hand, who I actually like, has had one of the best receivers ever in Harrison for his entire career and now he has Wayne who is a top 5 receiver in the league. I'm not going to argue who is better between Brady and Manning, but to paint the picture the way you have is just laughable.

Cassel didn't put up Brady stats.
Last edited by hardcore on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da idiot says: The dow is meaningless
Stupidest thing ever said on any message board
hardcore
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 am

And I thought I took threads off topic.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager