AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:02 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This is whats gonna happen...

Ransom- Jim Sorgi

A-Rod- Peyton Manning


Just watch.


Fixed.

But Peyton won a Super Bowl OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24805
(Past Year: 370)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby Kraftwerk » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This is whats gonna happen...

Ransom- Jim Sorgi

A-Rod- Peyton Manning


Just watch.


Fixed.


Close, but Peyton gotz the ring :-b ;-D
Kraftwerk
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 264
Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:This is whats gonna happen...

Ransom- Jim Sorgi

A-Rod- Peyton Manning


Just watch.


Fixed.

But Peyton won a Super Bowl OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


It's the pre-2006 Manning with a bit of foreshadowing.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:09 pm

In all seriousness, there are a lot of parallels between their careers before Peyton's Superbowl. They're two of the best players in the histories of their sports. They are/were criticized for not winning a championship. Their teams were mostly offensively centric. Hopefully the pitching like Peyton's defense will step up this year and in the next couple years to help get A-Rod to the WS.

Hey, a guy can dream. B-)
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby jlm53089 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:11 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:In all seriousness, there are a lot of parallels between their careers before Peyton's Superbowl. They're two of the best players in the histories of their sports. They are/were criticized for not winning a championship. Their teams were mostly offensively centric. Hopefully the pitching like Peyton's defense will step up this year and in the next couple years to help get A-Rod to the WS.

Hey, a guy can dream. B-)


A-Rod has been around a little longer the Peyton.
And I am pretty sure Manning is not on roids.


But I am telling you guys, wait for it.
Cody Ransom is Tom Brady.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:In all seriousness, there are a lot of parallels between their careers before Peyton's Superbowl. They're two of the best players in the histories of their sports. They are/were criticized for not winning a championship. Their teams were mostly offensively centric. Hopefully the pitching like Peyton's defense will step up this year and in the next couple years to help get A-Rod to the WS.

Hey, a guy can dream. B-)


A-Rod has been around a little longer the Peyton.
And I am pretty sure Manning is not on roids.


But I am telling you guys, wait for it.
Cody Ransom is Tom Brady.


Man, you got me. A-Rod has been a professional athlete for 4 years longer than Manning, analogy ruined. A-Rod is only a year older than Manning, though. And I'm not sure what steroids have to do with any of it.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm

OT but I think Arod might be the most hated man in the DR after tonight. :-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:OT but I think Arod might be the most hated man in the DR after tonight. :-D


Incredible upset. Exciting last few innings. :-°
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12812
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby kab21 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Amazinz wrote:OT but I think Arod might be the most hated man in the DR after tonight. :-D


How does Arod get the blame? Try the players that couldn't beat a A/AA ballclub and whose best players are Sidney Ponson and Randall Simon.

Awesome game though.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5319
(Past Year: 181)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AROD out up to 10 weeks! (Merged)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:OT but I think Arod might be the most hated man in the DR after tonight. :-D

What a great game to watch, phew. :-°
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24805
(Past Year: 370)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact