Arod to miss 10 weeks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Arod to miss 10 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Arod to miss 10 weeks

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:26 am

Cobra_Kai wrote:
rib217 wrote:....and then paid a doctor to go along with the theory by slicing open his hip and playing around in there for a little while to make the story a little more solid...... :-t

Have you seen the video of the surgery? How does anyone know that this surgery actually took place? The Yanks have a ton of money, do you really think they couldn't afford to pay a doctor to lie?

Here's another thing - the Yanks were claiming that A-Rod had this "hip problem" last season. If that's the case, once they fell out of playoff contention, why didn't they shut him down? Or at the least, why not have the surgery immediately following the surgery? It's very strange that all of a sudden, right as the news about him having used steroids in the past broke, he suddenly needed surgery that would keep him out a couple of months.

It makes more sense than anyone wants to admit. It certainly makes more sense than a team keeping their star 3B (one of the best players in the league) on the field with an injury when they fall out of playoff contention, or not having the surgery right away so they have him for the whole season (which is expected to be as tough a season as anyone's seen, with the AL East being so stacked and all) instead of him missing the first month or two.

So, because you and I have not seen a video of the surgery, or the scar of the surgery that logically leads to the conclusion that it never happened?

Come down to Earth a little here....do you really believe that everybody involved in your massive surgery cover-up is going to keep quiet? this would be an enormous scandal that would bring fame to whoever opened the lid on that one. Nurses, doctors, family, friends, all have kept this sweet little secret under wraps?!? If there was no surgery, no scar and no real recovery, we'd know.

What other fantasies do you have for storytime? :-b
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cobra_Kai » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:10 pm

rib217 wrote:
Cobra_Kai wrote:
rib217 wrote:....and then paid a doctor to go along with the theory by slicing open his hip and playing around in there for a little while to make the story a little more solid...... :-t

Have you seen the video of the surgery? How does anyone know that this surgery actually took place? The Yanks have a ton of money, do you really think they couldn't afford to pay a doctor to lie?

Here's another thing - the Yanks were claiming that A-Rod had this "hip problem" last season. If that's the case, once they fell out of playoff contention, why didn't they shut him down? Or at the least, why not have the surgery immediately following the surgery? It's very strange that all of a sudden, right as the news about him having used steroids in the past broke, he suddenly needed surgery that would keep him out a couple of months.

It makes more sense than anyone wants to admit. It certainly makes more sense than a team keeping their star 3B (one of the best players in the league) on the field with an injury when they fall out of playoff contention, or not having the surgery right away so they have him for the whole season (which is expected to be as tough a season as anyone's seen, with the AL East being so stacked and all) instead of him missing the first month or two.

So, because you and I have not seen a video of the surgery, or the scar of the surgery that logically leads to the conclusion that it never happened?

Come down to Earth a little here....do you really believe that everybody involved in your massive surgery cover-up is going to keep quiet? this would be an enormous scandal that would bring fame to whoever opened the lid on that one. Nurses, doctors, family, friends, all have kept this sweet little secret under wraps?!? If there was no surgery, no scar and no real recovery, we'd know.

What other fantasies do you have for storytime? :-b

All I'm saying is, the Yankees came out and said that this was a hip injury that he was playing with at the end of last season. That statement raises the following questions:
1) Why would they allow their star player to continue to play on a bad hip when they had fallen out of playoff contention?
2) Why wouldn't he have had surgery immediately following the 2008 season, so that he'd be ready for opening day?

Now, when you look at those questions in the context of the steroid allegations (which broke Feb. 7th) when he admitted that he used steroids (Feb 10th), the timing of the announcement that he needed surgery (Feb 28th), it certainly seems suspicious. A-Rod asserted that he had only used them while he was on the Rangers, correct? Yet other high-profile players connected with the Yankees have been rumored/proven to have used PEDs while with the team (Clemens, Giambi, etc.). At that point, wouldn't the Yankees want to make sure that their star player was clean? So they invent this surgery, something not too big that will only keep him out 6-9 weeks, which would be plenty of time for A-Rod to a) flush his system, and b) build his muscle back up naturally.

Look, I'm not saying it's the truth. I'm just saying it makes a lot more sense than you all are giving it.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tiggis » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:57 pm

The really cool part of this is that if the surgery was not done he could come back whenever he wanted too.

So the Yankees talks to Arod and the commish and says..

Arod you hurting baseball - Between Madonna and your roids and the homosexual photos your embarassing yourself, your team and baseball.

So here is what we are going to do...

You get a 2 month super secret probation - we will concoct a story and set it up for you.. and you go get your head on right to play baseball..

Or

We suspend you make it very public.. and make you an example destroying your reputation.. your chance at the HOF and in the mean time you become "The Putz of the Yankees

Looking for 40 homeruns this year plus 15 steals once he gets back.

Its gonna be a good year.
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rib217 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm

I've also heard that after his "probation" and imaginary surgery that the Alien pod that inhabited his body giving him super human skills was removed by the United States Government and sent back to the Mothership, it was just getting too risky with all that attention!!! :-B
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mordraken » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:26 pm

rib217 wrote:I've also heard that after his "probation" and imaginary surgery that the Alien pod that inhabited his body giving him super human skills was removed by the United States Government and sent back to the Mothership, it was just getting too risky with all that attention!!! :-B

Jeez! They took out the alien pod? I gotta trade him before news of that gets out!
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenPastana » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:02 pm

Man! I never thought of this before...I just picked up D.Wright in a trade and could definitely turn him into A-rod + Peavy!

The question is: How many of you REALLY do think there NEVER was any HIP SURGERY to the point where you'd be willing to trade your 1st rd pick for Arod + a top 7 pitcher?
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cobra_Kai » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:05 am

In light of these new allegations about steroids, I'm feeling pretty good about my theory.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Buttermaker » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

I cannot imagine someone over the age of 18 believing this whole cover up nonsense....
Buttermaker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rib217 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:08 am

Buttermaker wrote:I cannot imagine someone over the age of 18 believing this whole cover up nonsense....

;-D

Cover up = :-t
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:34 am

rib217 wrote:
Buttermaker wrote:I cannot imagine someone over the age of 18 believing this whole cover up nonsense....

;-D

Cover up = :-t

agreed, the moronic statements about a roids cover up is plain idiotic... what is gonna change the fact that people say/think he did use steroids (wether he did or not) in just over a month? that makes NO sense, why would they 'cover it up' when they know hes still going to come back and play at some point... look at how long they drug it out with Barry, any major superstar that goes 'into hiding' has to reappear at some point and time, and when it happens the media isn't going to just up and forget about it... to say this injury was just a cover up over steroids is nonsense...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates