SP,RP Eligible Players on Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

SP,RP Eligible Players on Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: SP,RP Eligible Players on Yahoo

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:00 pm

walkoffblast wrote:I do not think your strategy will work too well. The guys that have sp,rp eligibilty are not dominant enough and will thus likely wreak havoc on your era and whip. You also will not have any advantage in saves to the other teams. Also you could get these guys cheap anyway. So you are punting two categories for a marginal at best gain in one category.

Totally disagree on many fronts. I always try to fill my SP/P slots with great middle relievers even if they aren't closing. I owned Kuo and Marmol practically all year last year and was rewarded with Top 5 SP numbers (when combined). I am a huge advocate of this strategy if possible.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: SP,RP Eligible Players on Yahoo

Postby walkoffblast » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:59 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:I do not think your strategy will work too well. The guys that have sp,rp eligibilty are not dominant enough and will thus likely wreak havoc on your era and whip. You also will not have any advantage in saves to the other teams. Also you could get these guys cheap anyway. So you are punting two categories for a marginal at best gain in one category.

Totally disagree on many fronts. I always try to fill my SP/P slots with great middle relievers even if they aren't closing. I owned Kuo and Marmol practically all year last year and was rewarded with Top 5 SP numbers (when combined). I am a huge advocate of this strategy if possible.

Emphasis on if possible. Did you bother to read the list of guys who are eligible right now (great is not the word to describe them) or where he said he only has 3 rp slots and no p slots?
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers