Boneheaded or Brilliant draft strategy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boneheaded or Brilliant draft strategy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Boneheaded or Brilliant draft strategy?

Postby 4Pack » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am

grover999 wrote:I'm not going to comment on the strategy, simply because I don't know, but I can comment on the winning %. Your winning % in those 2 cats would be 37% if you think you will go 7-20-23.

I probably misrepresented what I was trying to say with regards to winning pct. My thinking is that if I am throwing a category(s)...then a tie is as good as a win in those categories considering that I made no attempt to win them. Soooo...in that case I would finish with about 27 wins/ties versus 23 losses. I actually probably guesstimated high on the win side...it will probalby be more along the lines of 4-5 wins. Point being...the absolute worst I can do is finish with 25 wins/ties versus 25 losses in those two cats.

Thanks for all the advice. I realize that I will have to draft a very solid pitching staff to do this....and I think I can pull it off. I have done more preparation for this single draft than I have for any draft I have done in 9 years (football or baseball). As another poster alluded to...I have to be watchful during the draft to see if any other manager has decided to employ the same strategy. I should have a pretty good idea of that by 10th - llth round....which would still give me plenty of time to switch gears, blow this plan up, and draft a couple closers.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers