now that matos is hurt.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

now that matos is hurt..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

now that matos is hurt..

Postby L0rdB23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:00 pm

Player Notes

Mar 8 Matos continues to be bothered by soreness in his right shin and will be sidelined for at least another 10 days. An MRI on the outfielder's leg was inconclusive, prompting the Orioles to order a bone scan. For now, the team has said Matos is nursing a stress reaction, but it is feared that there might be a fracture, which would prevent him from being ready for the start of the regular season.
Advice: Larry Bigbie could move over to center field and fill in for Matos. Other players that could see more time in Matos' absence are Marty Cordova, Jack Cust, Darnell McDonald and Tim Raines Jr.

Mar 8 Centerfielder Luis Matos will be out at least 10 days and will undergo a bone scan to determine if he has a stress fracture in his right shin. Matos had an MRI on his sore shin, which proved inconclusive—necessitating the bone scan. "We'll give [the injury] a chance to settle down," Orioles manager Lee Mazzilli told the Washington Post. "You don't want it turning into anything more than it is… It's not a major concern for us right now." If the bone scan does reveal a stress fracture, Matos could require a month of rest and would miss the season opener April 4.
Views: Spring has not been kind to The Freshmaker, who suffered a dislocated shoulder in spring of 2001 and broke a bone in his wrist in spring of 2002. Darnell McDonald and Tim Raines, Jr. are the in-house candidates to replace Matos.

do you guys think i should drtop this guy for jason bay or hold on to him and see how severe the injury is.. i mean him and bay r very similar players n e way
L0rdB23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:12 pm

I had Matos a little while last year when he was producing at his peak, but I think Bay is a solid OF sleeper to own. I don't think Matos should be owned (12 teams, 3 OF 23-25 player format), especially now.

Grab Bay, now.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers