09 the show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

09 the show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 09 the show

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm

zepfan wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:the key is to get a 1 step additional lead and get another, right before the pitcher throws and have the steal automated (r2). you need that extra step lead or you'll never make it. what i hate is the fact that the cpu will try to pick you off a thousand times in a row :-P

I sometimes think it's a bit cheap to change the difficulty settings in video games but I justified it in this case because I think it's cheap the computer makes you spend most of the game diving back to first if you want your guy to be a base thief. :-b My pickoff slider is almost a zero and he still picks off a lot. It's just not completely ridiculous anymore.

I'm still playing the '08 version but I'm into my 12th season of Road to the Show. The only thing I regret is making my guy an outfielder. Mostly I just want to bat so I get little annoyed if my fielder gets too much action in left. If I could change it I would take a first baseman since I assume there are less defensive plays to make.

My best season was with Cincy I batted just over .400 with 65 homers and 183 RBI. I've since signed with the Yankees in an attempt to break Hack Wilson's RBI record but three years into my contract I still can't get back over 180. If I still haven't beat it by the end of my five year term I'm gonna try to move to Coors or Texas to try to beat Bonds' home run record. I don't want that dirty record in my video game. :-b

Quite the contrary regarding less action for a 1B. You are actually involved in every ground ball out during the game. I enjoy it, but I would probably have played almost twice as many games if I picked a different position.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby the ROC » Fri May 01, 2009 6:03 pm

does anyone else HATE the check swing calls in this game? :-o

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Postby CadensDad » Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 am

the ROC wrote:does anyone else HATE the check swing calls in this game? :-o

Yea, it's really bad in this game and way off. I would cut the feature off but hate messing with that stuff

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby the ROC » Sun May 03, 2009 2:51 pm

CadensDad wrote:

Yea, it's really bad in this game and way off. I would cut the feature off but hate messing with that stuff

i don't think you even can. on ps2, i can't find a slider for check swings.

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Mon May 04, 2009 2:58 pm

the ROC wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

i don't think you even can. on ps2, i can't find a slider for check swings.

It's not done as a slider I dont think it's under the area where umpire consistency is,

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby the ROC » Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 pm

also, baserunning in RTTS FTL.

the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby abrage22 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Well I don't feel like looking back on this thread, so i'll just ask.... is this game worth $60?
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:35 pm

If you don't already have The Show 08 then yes, it is definitely worth $60. If you already have 08 then I don't think the few changes they made are worth the $60. Unless you want to pay that much just for the updated rosters.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Great game! I have it for the PS3, and the graphics in HD are incredible. Dynasty AND Road to the Show are both awesome modes to play, and very addicting. I normally play these types of game online a lot, but I have been so busy with my created guy, I haven't played more than 5 online games (5-0 btw! ;-D )
I am going to buy Tiger Woods 10 tomorrow, but will be torn as to which I will play more, until NCAA Football 10 comes out, of course.
Too much to do, not enough time!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:19 pm

I do enjoy the updated roster they put out, McClouth(SP?) has been traded to the Braves and Glavine is now a FA but Hanson wasn't added this week, so I'm a bit dissapointed in that. But overall been rather happy.

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games