09 the show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

09 the show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 09 the show

Postby bleach168 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh yeah.. first 5 batters I faced all singled off me.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Did you know? Jose Reyes and Aramis Ramirez are on the BoSox while Manny and Berkman are on the Yankees. Talk about playing on impossible difficulty settings!

Got sent back down to AAA after posting a 9.40 ERA in 29.2 IP. 22:2 K/BB ratio but a 1.85 WHIP from the ridiculous amounts of hits given up even though my H/9 stat is up to 75.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Question for veterans of this game regarding Road to the Show.

I just finished my first year of my dynasty with none of then the Cubs. I won the World Series, and completed my off-season schedule.

I am looking to start a Road to the Show, but wonder if anyone thinks being a position player versus a pitcher is better. I pitch well, and enjoy it, compared to batting. It seems to be feast or famine at the plate for me.

I pitched and played the CI spots in my little league and high school days. Does anyone prefer either in the game, and why? Thank you much!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby CadensDad » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 am

The more I play road to the show the less I like it. I haven't hit a pop fly in 12-15 games now, no matter where the ball is in the strike zone. It's getting sad, not to mention I cant get traded from the Jays, we have been up by 3-4 runs and bullpen has lost 7 games in a row, cant stand it

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 pm

started a Road to the Show as myself, a 6'3" 220lbs. 1B with 3B as a second position. Got drafted by the Astros and made it as a starter for AA Corpus Christi. So far in the regular season, I am batting 18/44, with 3 runs, 1 home run, 4 rbis, and 2 stolen bases. I have also played error free ball, with most games at 1B, a couple at 3B.
I love Road to the Show! ;-D :-)
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CadensDad » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:started a Road to the Show as myself, a 6'3" 220lbs. 1B with 3B as a second position. Got drafted by the Astros and made it as a starter for AA Corpus Christi. So far in the regular season, I am batting 18/44, with 3 runs, 1 home run, 4 rbis, and 2 stolen bases. I have also played error free ball, with most games at 1B, a couple at 3B.

2 SB already? I've gotten thrown out everytime I even try.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 pm

CadensDad wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:started a Road to the Show as myself, a 6'3" 220lbs. 1B with 3B as a second position. Got drafted by the Astros and made it as a starter for AA Corpus Christi. So far in the regular season, I am batting 18/44, with 3 runs, 1 home run, 4 rbis, and 2 stolen bases. I have also played error free ball, with most games at 1B, a couple at 3B.

2 SB already? I've gotten thrown out everytime I even try.

Both in same game, versus a knuckleballer. :-b
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:30 am

the key is to get a 1 step additional lead and get another, right before the pitcher throws and have the steal automated (r2). you need that extra step lead or you'll never make it. what i hate is the fact that the cpu will try to pick you off a thousand times in a row :-P

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 am

Snakes Gould wrote:the key is to get a 1 step additional lead and get another, right before the pitcher throws and have the steal automated (r2). you need that extra step lead or you'll never make it. what i hate is the fact that the cpu will try to pick you off a thousand times in a row :-P

I sometimes think it's a bit cheap to change the difficulty settings in video games but I justified it in this case because I think it's cheap the computer makes you spend most of the game diving back to first if you want your guy to be a base thief. :-b My pickoff slider is almost a zero and he still picks off a lot. It's just not completely ridiculous anymore.

I'm still playing the '08 version but I'm into my 12th season of Road to the Show. The only thing I regret is making my guy an outfielder. Mostly I just want to bat so I get little annoyed if my fielder gets too much action in left. If I could change it I would take a first baseman since I assume there are less defensive plays to make.

My best season was with Cincy I batted just over .400 with 65 homers and 183 RBI. I've since signed with the Yankees in an attempt to break Hack Wilson's RBI record but three years into my contract I still can't get back over 180. If I still haven't beat it by the end of my five year term I'm gonna try to move to Coors or Texas to try to beat Bonds' home run record. I don't want that dirty record in my video game. :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Really addicted to the Road to the Show mode now (PS3). I wish I had more time to play, but doing well so far. Drafted by the Houston Astros, and am currently playing for their AA team, Corpas Christi as a 1B with some 3B eligibility.
Stats so far:
50/124.... .403avg.... 5hr.... 16rbi.... 12runs.... 2sb.... .999obps.... 7k.... 100%fld
All-Star mode! ;-D
Waiting for a call-up. Anyone know what it takes for this to happen?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games