09 the show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

09 the show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 09 the show

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:15 pm

Doing a road to the show right now, It's about the same as last year except I dont have to stand around the whole game on base waiting for my teammates to get a hit. So I sim that part and just do the hitting. It's crazy that I am batting like .420 with 7 homers 55 rbis and 29 runs scored in AA but they wont move me up because I dont have enough time at AA logged yet. Trying to build up my power to slap some homers. Hopefully the big league contracts are better than the ones on 08. I'd win MVP award batting .380 with 44 homers 150 RBI 110 runs scored with 40 SB and they wouldn't give me a real contract. So I'm hoping for a better system with that.

Does anyone know if they have the new roster download ready yet?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm

CadensDad wrote:Doing a road to the show right now, It's about the same as last year except I dont have to stand around the whole game on base waiting for my teammates to get a hit. So I sim that part and just do the hitting. It's crazy that I am batting like .420 with 7 homers 55 rbis and 29 runs scored in AA but they wont move me up because I dont have enough time at AA logged yet. Trying to build up my power to slap some homers. Hopefully the big league contracts are better than the ones on 08. I'd win MVP award batting .380 with 44 homers 150 RBI 110 runs scored with 40 SB and they wouldn't give me a real contract. So I'm hoping for a better system with that.

Wow what level are you playing on? I'm batting like .150 on All Star
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I absolutely LOVE this game so far. I haven't played very much yet, but enough to know that I will have to budget my time better! :-b
For the love of god, how many pitches can I paint the corner with and have them called balls! very frusterating!
The difference between this game on my plasma, and my 27" regular TV is crazy. I hate playing on my bedroom TV!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 66)

Postby Phatferd » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:31 am

How do you pitch? I hit my accuracy meter and the pitch sales a foot outside or inside....Where am I supposed to set up my target? For example, if I am throwing a 12-6 curve and want to catch the bottom left corner do I put the icon on the bottom left corner and pitch? Or since it breaks do I put it about 3/4 down the left side of the strike zone allowing it to drop on the corner?

This is some in depth crap!!!

There is a group of guys at operationsports.com who are putting together full minor league rosters and correcting the pitches for every pitcher so it's accurate and they said it will be up by opening day.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 am

You gotta compensate for the break! If you want to hit that pitch low and away for a strike, put the cursor belt high on the outside corner. If you want Marmol's slider to break and hit the outside corner, aim on the inside half of the plate. ;-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CadensDad » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 pm

acsguitar wrote:
CadensDad wrote:Doing a road to the show right now, It's about the same as last year except I dont have to stand around the whole game on base waiting for my teammates to get a hit. So I sim that part and just do the hitting. It's crazy that I am batting like .420 with 7 homers 55 rbis and 29 runs scored in AA but they wont move me up because I dont have enough time at AA logged yet. Trying to build up my power to slap some homers. Hopefully the big league contracts are better than the ones on 08. I'd win MVP award batting .380 with 44 homers 150 RBI 110 runs scored with 40 SB and they wouldn't give me a real contract. So I'm hoping for a better system with that.

Wow what level are you playing on? I'm batting like .150 on All Star

All-star mode, a big hint is try and hit it right back up the middle. Dont try and pull it too much or hit a homer everytime, working the count is another big must

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CadensDad » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Made it through my first year in AA with the Jays. batted a solid .389 with 10 homers and 67 RBI's. I struggled a lot at the end of the season with it.

I did make the 40 man roster however and in my 2nd year am the starting 2b for the AAA team. Hitting is MUCH tougher tho. Only batting .244 but do have 3 homers with 14 RBI's through about 20 games. (1 homer is a inside the park when the CF went for a basket catch and missed and the ball rolled all the way to the wall.)

I am not crazy about the base running controls however. You have to slam down the L3 to get your player to back to the base. But overall I do like the game play better

CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Phatferd » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:36 pm

I just can't pitch in this game!! I'll put a 4 seam fastball a good 2 ball lengths inside the strike zone and completely nail my accuracy meter and it will sail a good foot or two outside. I just don't get this!! I've also noticed a ton of balls that catch more of the strikezone than not get called for balls...If you are being wild do you lose those calls?

I am playing on All-Star with no change in default sliders. I am using the pitch meter.

What are some of you doing to pitch effectively? I make sure I am not painting the corner and hit my accuracy meter on the nose and it seems to sail outside or low...It's getting to the point where I just don't move my location and throw it down the middle because it will end up somewhere else in the strike zone...
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Phatferd wrote:I just can't pitch in this game!! I'll put a 4 seam fastball a good 2 ball lengths inside the strike zone and completely nail my accuracy meter and it will sail a good foot or two outside. I just don't get this!! I've also noticed a ton of balls that catch more of the strikezone than not get called for balls...If you are being wild do you lose those calls?

I am playing on All-Star with no change in default sliders. I am using the pitch meter.

What are some of you doing to pitch effectively? I make sure I am not painting the corner and hit my accuracy meter on the nose and it seems to sail outside or low...It's getting to the point where I just don't move my location and throw it down the middle because it will end up somewhere else in the strike zone...

I'm not too sure what the problem could be. My pitchers tend to get wild sometime, but I can usually come within 2 ball lengths of where I am aiming. I do get shafted on many corner pitches though!
I would suggest playing an exibition on rookie, and seeing if the same thing happens. You may be holding the button down too long before you let it go initially.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Phatferd » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:44 am

I decided because I suck at pitching that I will just do a Road to the Show as a hitter and not worry about pitching. That and it's a nice way to kill time until the rosters come out around opening day.

Anyways, I chose a 3B and was drafted by the A's, which is the worst thing in the world as I am an Angels fan. I figured I should respect the Gods and remain on the A's.

After spring training I thought I sucked at hitting now too. Over 93 at bats during ST, I hit .113. I was assigned as the backup 3B for their AA squad. After about 25 games I have 30 ABs and I am hitting .464, 0HR, 8RBI, 4 doubles, 1 triple and the starter is hitting .186, 0HR and 9RBI. I think I am going to take his spot soon. I had a 6 game hitting streak going, but was brought in to pinch hit in the 9th inning and snapped it. I have since started a 3 game hitting streak.

I'm addicted to this game.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games