09 the show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

09 the show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

09 the show

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 am

I picked it up at midnight (Lame I know) it's different than 08/07 not sure what I think yet, but I will update

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 09 the show

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:50 am

Let me know. I own a PS3, and will buy either this or 2K9. I had The Show 08 and was decently happy.

Where are you EA? :,-( :~(
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Played for a little bit last night, I love/hate the 40 man roster feature and the adding/dropping uses up waiver claims format.

Rosters are nowhere near correct though. Going to have to load it up online and get the updates. Free Agents are STACKED.

Braves are missing Kawakami on there, the minors system isn't much better I.E. no Tommy Hanson for the Braves. I decided to sim through the first year for the Braves and I won 102 games which I think is crazy. But the game does have some potential

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 pm

They can't have the real names for minor league players. I'd guess there is a Tommy Hanson that has another name, I think Show uses the same initials so his name could be Taylor Hernandez or something.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chaos151p » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Picked it up today, played the online Demo last week - the game is pretty much the same feel as the last 2 years, but the graphics on PS3 are insane. The detail, stats, graphics, etc etc are well worth it - I think The Show is the best baseball game out there.

There's a ton of new features, online/offline rivalry mode when you play your friends - online league setup with up to 30 teams, draft, schedule - that's a nice feature

I'm looking forward to the practice mode too - I definitely need to work on base stealing, plate presence, and a whole sh*t load of other things.
Chaos151p
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:13 am

Just picked it up Thursday for the PS3. It looks killer in HD, and I love the features! ;-D

Hitting is tough as hell, though. It will take some practice, for sure.

They do have a 30 team online draft though! :-D :-)
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Phatferd » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:04 am

I shouldn't spend the money and really don't have the time to play a video game, but I am really tempted to buy this.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:40 am

CadensDad wrote:Played for a little bit last night, I love/hate the 40 man roster feature and the adding/dropping uses up waiver claims format.

Rosters are nowhere near correct though. Going to have to load it up online and get the updates. Free Agents are STACKED.

Braves are missing Kawakami on there, the minors system isn't much better I.E. no Tommy Hanson for the Braves. I decided to sim through the first year for the Braves and I won 102 games which I think is crazy. But the game does have some potential

as soon as they play 1 game in real life, then they'll be added to the game. they cant be added because they arent officially apart of the mlbpa.

i picked this game up on thursday and only had time to check out 6 innings so far. first time ive seen the show on a next gen system (ps3) and the graphics are indeed sick, but the game seemed to play very similar to last year's ps2 version. im sure the more i play, the more ill discover the new additions and differences.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Pretty sweet game. Add me on PSN if you want to play:

acsguitar (psn handle)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 am

acsguitar wrote:Pretty sweet game. Add me on PSN if you want to play:

acsguitar (psn handle)

I caved and bought it. Expect a game once I figure out how to play. Pitching is soooo hard.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Video Games