NYC, $600, Live Auction, 18 teams, non keeper, mixed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

NYC, $600, Live Auction, 18 teams, non keeper, mixed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NYC, $600, Live Auction, 18 teams, non keeper, mixed

Postby EdBuzz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:23 pm

The auction is set for Friday, April 3rd in NYC, 6pm.

I also have a second league with an auction set for Sunday April 5th at 11am.

1-catcher, 1-firstbaseman, 1-secondbaseman, 1-Shortstop, 1-thirdbaseman, 1-utility infielder

4-outfielders, 2 DH's (can be any hitter including a designated hitter). 1-utility spot (can be hitter or pitcher).

9-pitchers (minimum 1300 innings pitched for season)

5-reserve bench (any combo of hitters and pitchers

6x6 categories, hitting is Hits, Runs, HR's, RBI's, Batting AVG., SB's.
Pitching is Wins, Win-loss differential (play pitchers with a good win-loss history) Saves, Strikeouts, WHIP (Walks + Hits divided by innings pitched) and ERA

The leagues are identical in rules. I have a few openings in each and hoping to fill them quickly.

The league fee is $600 per team and $25 per attendee at our auction. The $25 pays for our buffet dinner and the banquet room we rent out. It's pretty comfortable with lots of space and lighting.

We use a two man auctioneer team. One auctions off the players one at a time and the other writes down which team purchased which players. It's a well run operation and it cuts down on time.

We have a couple of openings in order to fill an 18 team league. Prize pot is 10,800 (18 x $600) minus a few minor expenses, all of which will be detailed for every penny spent. Top four spots payout 4,000/2,500/2,000/1,500. The commissioner pays for his league entry. No free rides.

We use a 6x6 rotisserie style scoring system. No H2H, non keeper. (Hits, Avg. HR's, RBI's, RUNs, SB's) Pitching categories are Wins, Wins minus Losses (start good pitchers) Saves, TEAM ERA, TEAM WHIP (Walks + Hits divided by innings pitched) and Strikeouts.

The auction is live, so you meet all of the other team owners. You're free to visit me at my home before the auction, whether it's an hour beforehand or a couple of weeks beforehand. This is not some creepy guy scam. This is a real league and a great league.

You're more than welcome to join with a partner.

If you have any questions or want to know more, please send me an email at edbuzz@optonline.net

This league is a great league to network in and most of the members are white collar types who live in the tri-state area.

Good luck finding the league that best suits you.
EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NYC, $600, Live Auction, 18 teams, non keeper, mixed

Postby EdBuzz » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:44 pm

:-°

I've got two spots remaining.
EdBuzz
College Coach
College Coach