50%
Choice Three
17%
Choice Four
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: WW/FA Keepers POLL

Postby RedBullVodka » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:13 pm

While we're doing clarifications: Are we saying that there will be a 2 round escalation of all draft picks? And does that mean round 1 & 2 picks cannot be kept? Or if not, what happens to them? Sorry, I'm probably just being thick... :-B
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:22 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:While we're doing clarifications: Are we saying that there will be a 2 round escalation of all draft picks? And does that mean round 1 & 2 picks cannot be kept? Or if not, what happens to them? Sorry, I'm probably just being thick... :-B

Actually not sure about that. Now that we've started drafting some people may have drafted differently if we said round 1 & 2 picks cannot be kept so it would not be fair to do that.
Example-Longoria obviously has a very bright future and if he can be kept he's definitely worthy of being a first round pick, but if he can't be kept, CadensDad may have taken someone else over him.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby j24jags » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:43 pm

No problem...

Not everyone has voted...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baizboll » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:22 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:While we're doing clarifications: Are we saying that there will be a 2 round escalation of all draft picks? And does that mean round 1 & 2 picks cannot be kept? Or if not, what happens to them? Sorry, I'm probably just being thick... :-B

Isn't that part of the logic behind escalating picks ... to insure there is high quality available in the draft, plus to insure the lower finishing teams aren't doomed to be in the back of the pack year after year.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baizboll » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:39 pm

j24jags wrote:

Actually not sure about that. Now that we've started drafting some people may have drafted differently if we said round 1 & 2 picks cannot be kept so it would not be fair to do that.
Example-Longoria obviously has a very bright future and if he can be kept he's definitely worthy of being a first round pick, but if he can't be kept, CadensDad may have taken someone else over him.

Is that what you are saying the rule is ... that rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from escalating ... that it has been inferred in a discussion somewhere?

Scenario 1 - You want to keep players drafted in rounds 3 and 4 resulting in loss of picks 1 and 2. Tough choices have to be made whether to do that or not.

Scenario 2 where rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from being escalated - you want to keep players drafted in rounds 3 and 4 which escalates to rounds 1 and 2, but the players you picked in last years rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from being escalated. Therefore you get to keep your top 4 picks.

Is Scenario 2 now the rule?

NB. You guys may be getting sick of me questioning everything, and for that, I apologize. But if rules are going to be made up as we go along, I can't help myself. :-/

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j24jags » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm

baizboll wrote:
j24jags wrote:

Is that what you are saying the rule is ... that rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from escalating ... that it has been inferred in a discussion somewhere?

Scenario 1 - You want to keep players drafted in rounds 3 and 4 resulting in loss of picks 1 and 2. Tough choices have to be made whether to do that or not.

Scenario 2 where rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from being escalated - you want to keep players drafted in rounds 3 and 4 which escalates to rounds 1 and 2, but the players you picked in last years rounds 1 and 2 are exempt from being escalated. Therefore you get to keep your top 4 picks.

Is Scenario 2 now the rule?

NB. You guys may be getting sick of me questioning everything, and for that, I apologize. But if rules are going to be made up as we go along, I can't help myself. :-/

It's my fault I started the league too late, I think we should be allowed to keep our top 4 picks if we sacrifice our first round draft selections, if other people feel differently please voice your opinion.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baizboll » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 pm

I don't think I am a good fit for this league. It seems like I am on the opposite side of most of the members for just about every topic that arises. What is logical to me is not logical to others which leads me to believe that I am the misfit here. So rather than continue to complain or disagree with rules that are made up as the league progresses, it's best that I withdraw now. If I stayed in and debated things all season, it would detract from the enjoyment of the rest of you, would probably lead to me being ignored or worse, and would not be any fun for me. It's early in the draft so no one should have a problem picking up where I left off - Josh Hamilton at 1.09 and Matt Holliday at 2.06. My apologies for any annoyance caused by my complaining and my leaving at this point in time.

I will delete my team from Yahoo and the appropriate threads here. Good luck to all. I will PM the commish to let him know.

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to The Brushback League