McPherson a deep mixed sleeper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

McPherson a deep mixed sleeper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: McPherson a deep mixed sleeper?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 am

magicstar111 wrote:At this point, since Ishikawa is doing so horrible in April, any chance McPherson will get called up and replace Ishikawa or do you think Ishikawa will bounce back from his horrid slump?

ishi is a very good defender so i think they'll give him a little more of a chance to turn it around offensively before giving up on him. i wouldnt count on it happening anytime soon.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neoforce » Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 pm

I went to do some research on Dallas McPherson and can't find him in milb.com or firstinning.com. All the news (cbs, rotoworld, rototimes, even google news searches) is from 4/12, from when he signed with the Giants, and about him being in extended spring training and then going to AAA Fresno "soon."

Did he disappear?

I thought he might have some value in a deep league, especially with Sandoval possibly hurt, but it seems he has been erased from the world of professional baseball.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Thu May 28, 2009 3:31 pm

I remember reading something about him having back spasms and going into rehab for it but that was a long time ago. But you're right he's not listed any where on Fresno's roster and even the occasional comment about him on McCovey Chronicles shows nobody is quite sure where he is.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers