Killzone 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Killzone 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Killzone 2

Postby zepfan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Out in stores today. Anyone else getting this? It's supposed to be a "halo-killer" (not sure if that's such a great thing since I think Halo was pretty overrated). Anyway I've played too much COD modern warfare and this is supposed to be the next big FPS on the PS3 so I'll be playing it hopefully tonite if I can find it. The online is supposed to be pretty deep with specialized classes and all that good stuff. I can't wait to get in there and get pwned! (until I get good at it which usually takes a long time)

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Killzone 2

Postby sblinyy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 pm

1. Halo isn't going anywhere anytime soon (still the most played online game, Also my favorite game)
2. Although I haven't played this game but I have watched gameplay and it looks meh to me. Definatly worse than the COD's (but the COD's are great).

I have a 360 anyway but do you think its anything spectacular?

Thanks to abrage22 for the sweet sig!
sblinyy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 am

zepfan wrote:Out in stores today. Anyone else getting this? It's supposed to be a "halo-killer" (not sure if that's such a great thing since I think Halo was pretty overrated). Anyway I've played too much COD modern warfare and this is supposed to be the next big FPS on the PS3 so I'll be playing it hopefully tonite if I can find it. The online is supposed to be pretty deep with specialized classes and all that good stuff. I can't wait to get in there and get pwned! (until I get good at it which usually takes a long time)

How would it kill Halo which is on a completely different and exclusive system?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby zepfan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Yoda wrote:
zepfan wrote:Out in stores today. Anyone else getting this? It's supposed to be a "halo-killer" (not sure if that's such a great thing since I think Halo was pretty overrated). Anyway I've played too much COD modern warfare and this is supposed to be the next big FPS on the PS3 so I'll be playing it hopefully tonite if I can find it. The online is supposed to be pretty deep with specialized classes and all that good stuff. I can't wait to get in there and get pwned! (until I get good at it which usually takes a long time)

How would it kill Halo which is on a completely different and exclusive system?

I think that's the idea. PS3 owners and Sony feel that they need a game that would be the "answer" to Halo since that seems to be kind of the signature FPS for xbox. So they market this game for the Sony fanboys to be able to say "you might have Halo but WE have Killzone 2". In any case I think they succeeded because now Sony has it's very own pretty-good-but-overrated-game with shiny graphics that make people forget that other games like COD 4 are way better.

Anyway, the graphics are the best thing about the game. I have a lot of gripes about the online play and the physics but again, it's still not bad. I guess Sony had to hype this game as the answer to Halo since it's the best Sony-exclusive FPS available. KC is quite right though, COD 4 is still way better.

After Little Big Planet and now Killzone 2, I think I'm gonna have to re-evaluate how much stock I want to put into some of those gushing video game reviews. :-[

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Return to Video Games