Postby wolf40 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:45 pm

looking for a h2h points league
wolf40
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any h2h points leagues

Postby reeversma » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Yes - search the posts. Thats what the classifieds section is for.
reeversma
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Any h2h points leagues

Postby daviddesverney » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:12 pm

See my league details below. I need one more teram for my 12 team league.

I am looking for one more team member for our 12 team CBS H2H league. Our league has been going on for over a decade with the same core of owners. If you are interested please let me know and I will send you an invitation. Below are the majority of league details. It is a non-keeper serpentine draft league. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks

This league will be conducted in a H2H (HEAD TO HEAD) format, and will consist of 12 teams in 3 different divisions (4 teams per division of course). The league will be a total of 26 periods, of which periods 1-22 will be the regular season schedule, and 23-26 will be the postseason schedule. Each period is one week long. The scoring will be your standard 5X5 format (batting average, runs scored, rbi’s, stolen bases, homeruns, wins (pitcher), strikeouts (pitcher), saves, ERA, and WHIP), and each category will count as a win or loss on your record. For example: If you win homers, rbi’s, batting average, and strikeouts, but you lose the other 7 categories, your record will be 3-7 for that period. All ties will stay as ties on your record. The 3 division winners automatically make the postseason, and the next 3 best records will enter the postseason as wildcards. The other 6 teams that do not make the postseason will be put into the “Toilet Bowl.” The 2 best records will have a bye week in the postseason (PERIOD 23), and the championship lasts for 2 periods (PERIOD 25-26).

This league will be WEEKLY moves, not daily like it was last year. Meaning that you will set your lineups once a week, and all pickups or trades will not be effective until the following period.

The roster consists of 30 players total for each team, 23 active (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, 4 outfielders, 3 utility players, and 9 pitchers) and 7 bench spots. There will also be 4 DL spots for injured players.

All trades that are accepted between 2 owners will need 6 objections from league owners in order to be overturned. Once a trade receives 6 objections, it will go to the commissioner’s office for review, where it will be automatically rejected because it has more than half of the eligible voter’s disapproval. I know that some owners would have liked to see teams give a reason for their objection, but if you do that, then you would also have to have the owners that approve the trade give a reason for why they approved. This is all unnecessary. If a trade receives 6 objections, that is more than enough reason for a trade not to be approved, and there shouldn’t be any questions as of why. More than half of your peers voted against it, and that is confirmation enough that it was probably an uneven deal between the 2 owners.

Now for the financial segment of the league details. This league is very different from your normal fantasy league, as it consists of monthly bonus prizes, division winner prizes, and even a prize for the 5X5 rotisserie winner, as sometimes the H2H champion is different from the rotisserie champion. This league also consists of a prize for the toilet bowl winner and our infamous PLAYOFF PAYOFF tournament where you choose a number of players from your team to participate in for the actual MLB playoffs. Last years pot was really large and the grand prize winner had a nice bonus prize. Here are the details for the money breakdown. We do have an active accountant in our league, Mr. Ken Liley. I am very aware of today’s economy and that a lot of people just can’t afford to play. Please do not let the financial part of this, affect your decision to play or not. If this is the reason why you decide not to play, maybe we can work something out if you contact us and let us know your intentions. All arrangements will have to be made with the accountant and I.

Here is the breakdown:

Each Team costs a total of $181.00

14 dollars of it goes toward the CBS site

20 dollars of it goes toward your PICKUP/TRADE deposit (it is $0.50 per pickup, and $1.00 per owner for trades). All of these funds go toward the PLAYOFF PAYOFF tournament during the actual MLB postseason.

The other 147 dollars goes toward the league winnings breakdown below:

FIRST PLACE HEAD TO HEAD CHAMPION = $700.00

SECOND PLACE HEAD TO HEAD = $360.00

THIRD PLACE HEAD TO HEAD = $87.00

FIRST PLACE ROTISSERIE CHAMPION = $200.00

3 DIVISION WINNERS = $75.00 A PIECE

TOILET BOWL CHAMPION = $50.00

5 MONTHLY PRIZES (will be given to the team who has the highest roto score for that month, PERIOD 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-17, and 18-22) = $30.00 per

The draft of course will be conducted online (CBS). The draft date has been set for Friday, March 27, 2009 11pm EST.

I know I have probably left some details out of this email, but an official constitution will follow this as soon as all of the details are ironed out. Once again please let me know if you have any questions whatsoever. I can be contacted using the below info. Thanks and hope to hear from all of you.

David DesVerney

Purchasing and Logistics Coordinator

desvernd@sharpsec.com

daviddesverney@yahoo.com

Cell: (818) 723-3162

SHARP ELECTRONICS CORPORATION

SOLAR ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP

5901 Bolsa Avenue

Huntington Beach, CA 92647

Tel: (714) 903-4629 I Fax: (714) 903-4722
daviddesverney
Little League Legend