Yahoo Mock Draft: how do you enter one? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Mock Draft: how do you enter one?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo Mock Draft: how do you enter one?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 pm

swyck wrote:
haymarket wrote:Go to the Draft Lobby and wait until a new set of drafts come up. They come up every 15 minutes. Be ready to join a draft because they all fill up in about 30 seconds it seams.

That just worked for me. B-)

A suggested message for this circumstance:

No drafts available, please try again in 15 minutes.

A proper informational message avoids anxiety and wasted time, e.g. this post. :-B

The current message is a bug that should be fixed with our next sitewide software update. We know it is confusing :-(
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby floppymoose » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:The current message is a bug that should be fixed with our next sitewide software update. We know it is confusing :-(

This is fixed now.
floppymoose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

Postby BrooklynBums » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:21 am

Just another thought/gripe about yahoo mocks (which is where my leagues will be, so I would prefer it to ESPN or even MDC). There are literally like 16-20 TOTAL draft lobbies - for however many thousands of people that are trying to get in. They only show up 30 min before the draft, and they fill in 10 seconds or less. Of the lobbies that appear every 15 minutes, only TWO of these are actually 12 team roto, so its basically impossible to get in w/o constantly refreshing and quick-clicking (let alone trying to get yourself and a friend in the same mock). Add some more lobbies Yahoo - please (and more of the 12 team variety, since ESPN already has the 10 teamer down).

Sorry if I seem upset, been trying to get into a yahoo mock for about an hour (only managed to jump in an 8 teamer) %-6
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Regalus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:17 am

BrooklynBums wrote:Just another thought/gripe about yahoo mocks (which is where my leagues will be, so I would prefer it to ESPN or even MDC). There are literally like 16-20 TOTAL draft lobbies - for however many thousands of people that are trying to get in. They only show up 30 min before the draft, and they fill in 10 seconds or less. Of the lobbies that appear every 15 minutes, only TWO of these are actually 12 team roto, so its basically impossible to get in w/o constantly refreshing and quick-clicking (let alone trying to get yourself and a friend in the same mock). Add some more lobbies Yahoo - please (and more of the 12 team variety, since ESPN already has the 10 teamer down).

Sorry if I seem upset, been trying to get into a yahoo mock for about an hour (only managed to jump in an 8 teamer) %-6

Maybe your connection to the internet is not good, because when I try, I usually get in without problems. 12 Team leagues, just about any spot I want. Just be ready to click join when it becomes available.
Regalus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BrooklynBums » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:18 am

well I have gotten in one, it just frustrates me how there are so few 12 team roto lobbies, should be at least 4 times more, and some sort of waiting list
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swyck » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Regalus wrote:Maybe your connection to the internet is not good, because when I try, I usually get in without problems. 12 Team leagues, just about any spot I want. Just be ready to click join when it becomes available.

I have a real nice connection but it doesn't matter. I can't click fast enough to get into any room. There should be a queue you can join.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby saemick » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:30 pm

swyck wrote:
Regalus wrote:Maybe your connection to the internet is not good, because when I try, I usually get in without problems. 12 Team leagues, just about any spot I want. Just be ready to click join when it becomes available.

I have a real nice connection but it doesn't matter. I can't click fast enough to get into any room. There should be a queue you can join.

I agree, it's rediculous. I've tried numerous times and everything is already filled or i can't click to enter fast enough to ever get into one. It took literally 20 seconds before ALL rooms were filled...frustrating
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:05 pm

I definitely gave up.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Just finished a 12 team mock draft on Yahoo. Easily the most helpful mock draft I've done. Of the 12 teams, everyone showed up and 10 teams stayed until the very end. The majority of the drafters seemed to know what they were doing and were serious about it too.

It's tough to get in, but it's definitely worth it to try.
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby floppymoose » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 pm

If you don't care about which draft slot you get, use the quickstart button at the top to join. It will automatically look for any open spot available. If you click on a specific join link you are trying just for that one spot. Also, there is the ability on the right-hand side of the quickstart button to get a popup and specify what size league you want. If you choose the "12 team" league, it will attempt to find any slot available in a 12 team draft, for instance. This is a more reliable way to score a spot during the rush when new drafts come online.
floppymoose
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers