Texas catcher playing time? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Texas catcher playing time?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Texas catcher playing time?

Postby DSheppard » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:50 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:teagarden is the way better fielder.. they will keep teagarden behind the dish as much as possible, but salty will still get DH and 1B at bats..

Salty DH'd and played 1b exactly zero times last year and theres no indication that will change. I've read almost every quote from the manager and GM this spring and as far as its known salty/tea are strictly catching.

Salty should get 400 at bats if he stays healthy and reasonably productive, I do think he will. Hopefully a few more.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:02 pm

if teagarden pregresses offensively as many predict he will, they are gonna need to find AB's for salty.. i mean, they did trade Teixiera for him.. but teagarden is in the leage becasue he is one of the best defensive catchers there is.. so..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby DSheppard » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:47 pm

...you could have said the same thing about getting salty at bats last year, and much of the time they had the awful series of ben broussard/chris shelton/jason botts at 1b rather than now having it locked down with Davis. The only person getting any DH talk aside from Blalock is Andruw Jones.

Theres just no reason to think he will DH or play 1b, teagarden is the backup for now thats fine for a while as they assess salty and listen to trade offers. At the very least, its not the situation as it stands.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers