Spring Training Tracker - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Spring Training Tracker

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby Tommy John » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Duncan worked wonders last year with Wellemeyer, and Wellemeyer really had no track record of success at the major league level. It is an interesting stat and situation to keep an eye on, Pineiro is still young enough and has been successful for stretches in the past.
Tommy John
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 620
Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mid-Missouri

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby Ender » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Tommy John wrote:Duncan worked wonders last year with Wellemeyer, and Wellemeyer really had no track record of success at the major league level. It is an interesting stat and situation to keep an eye on, Pineiro is still young enough and has been successful for stretches in the past.


To be fair Wellemeyer was as lucky as he was good last year. That is a 4.50 ERA skillset he displayed turned into a 3.71 ERA with a lucky BABIP and LOB%. Though even a 4.50 ERA skillset is a pretty big improvement over his past years in the majors.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby Kraftwerk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm

CadensDad wrote:
JRAMI wrote:posting that giant teddy bear is a man card violation btw


Teddy Bears are NOT man card violation.


Section 5, article 4, sub secton 11

' presenting of cuddly toys including but not restricted to; Bears, Dolphins, Bunnies, Giant Pandas, sad eyed Kittens, Clay Aiken, to other male(s) shall be deemed to have contradicted the requirement of M.C.R (Man Card Retention). Distribution of cuddly toys, as referenced above, is strictly restricted to the following two categories;

a) Female family members of any age, or male family members aged 3 and under.
b) Any female, if the sole purpose of such actions is to solicit favors of a physical variety. '
Kraftwerk
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 264
Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby West » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Cole Hamels today vs. Rays
5IP 6ER 2HR 7K 1BB

Wonder where his velocity was at? He felt good enough to K 7 guys.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 89)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:04 pm

West wrote:Cole Hamels today vs. Rays
5IP 6ER 2HR 7K 1BB

Wonder where his velocity was at? He felt good enough to K 7 guys.


Generally elbow affects control so the 7/1 K/BB is a good sign.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby the izzy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:18 pm

Kraftwerk wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
JRAMI wrote:posting that giant teddy bear is a man card violation btw


Teddy Bears are NOT man card violation.


Section 5, article 4, sub secton 11

' presenting of cuddly toys including but not restricted to; Bears, Dolphins, Bunnies, Giant Pandas, sad eyed Kittens, Clay Aiken, to other male(s) shall be deemed to have contradicted the requirement of M.C.R (Man Card Retention). Distribution of cuddly toys, as referenced above, is strictly restricted to the following two categories;

a) Female family members of any age, or male family members aged 3 and under.
b) Any female, if the sole purpose of such actions is to solicit favors of a physical variety. '


nice. I went ahead and double checked, and the above information is 100% correct.
the izzy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 292
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby San D » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:06 pm

It's college ball and not spring training, but yesterday, Strasburg pitched 6 shutout innings. However, he ONLY struck out 6 batters. I hope his arm is OK. :-D
San D
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1499
Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:29 pm

San D wrote:It's college ball and not spring training, but yesterday, Strasburg pitched 6 shutout innings. However, he ONLY struck out 6 batters. I hope his arm is OK. :-D


Boras flew in Dr. Andrews to make sure his money maker is still in working order.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6584
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby killertofu2222 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:12 pm

he wanted to see what being normal was like. kind of like the most interesting man in the world having an awkward moment, just to see how it felt.
Image

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 360
Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 am

Inukchuk wrote:Yeah, it's the change in pitching philosophy that intrigues me. I don't plan on picking him up, just keeping him on the ol' watch list...

Reason he's been able to change his approach is that he's now throwing a pretty good sinker (thanks to Duncan).
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3275
(Past Year: 84)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Hank Aaron's backyard

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact