jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Spring Training Tracker

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 pm

J35J wrote:This will be a very funny thread to watch....sooooo many people will get waaayyyyy too high or waaayyyyyy too low on guys by watching a couple spring training games. :-)

I don't pay attention to spring stats at all. See who won jobs, and health issues, but stats, no.

Bob Welch won 27 and a CY, after posting a 30 spring era.

Candy Maldonado and Russell Branyan have lead in spring hrs.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:
J35J wrote:This will be a very funny thread to watch....sooooo many people will get waaayyyyy too high or waaayyyyyy too low on guys by watching a couple spring training games. :-)

I don't pay attention to spring stats at all. See who won jobs, and health issues, but stats, no.

Bob Welch won 27 and a CY, after posting a 30 spring era.

Candy Maldonado and Russell Branyan have lead in spring hrs.

Point taken, but there are plenty of anecdotal items that go the other way. The season Howard hit 10 bombs in ST people said it's just spring training, and then boom, he lead the majors almost out of nowhere. When Thome came back from injury he kept having 2HR games in ST and had a late ADP....so people that jumped on his ST numbers got what basically amounted to a top 15 fantasy guy that year. Uggla had a nice ST one year too when he was an unkown.

Anyway...Kouz hit a bomb today. Nice. Clayton Richard pitched 2 scoreless, and Alexei stole a base.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 am

I do know that the Man, the Myth and the Legend known as Mike Jacobs went deep this afternoon. 45 HRs here we come.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 am

garf112 wrote: Travis Ishikawa hit 2 home runs today. the power is real, i am thinking of picking him in the first round of my keeper draft. ;-7

Let me know when he hits 3 in one game ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 am

Says the guy who was probably selling Billy Butler pajamas last Spring. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 am

can we make a rule that a starting pitcher has to go at least 3 innings before we say they look "sharp" or "good" or "awesome" or "sick"?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Queen City Spunk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 am

Three scoreless frames apiece between Volquez and Cueto. Cueto was much sharper though. Volquez struck out Longoria looking in his final inning of work with runners at 2nd and 3rd. Homer Bailey had a strong inning of work and Jerry Hairston hit a Grand Slam. Reds beat Rays 7 to 0.
Queen City Spunk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Scooter1027 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:58 am

I bring this up only because he's a very interesting guy to watch this spring, but Corey Hart was 2-2 with a HR and a BB. Obviously this guy could be a fantasy monster if he could put it all together all season long (.300/25/25 type potential with good RBI numbers in the the 5 spot). His spring season will be one of the more interesting ones to me after he faded so badly in September last year. I want to see him jump out to a good start and carry some momentum into opening day.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:03 am

Scooter1027 wrote:I bring this up only because he's a very interesting guy to watch this spring, but Corey Hart was 2-2 with a HR and a BB. Obviously this guy could be a fantasy monster if he could put it all together all season long (.300/25/25 type potential with good RBI numbers in the the 5 spot). His spring season will be one of the more interesting ones to me after he faded so badly in September last year. I want to see him jump out to a good start and carry some momentum into opening day.

i actually think hes fairly capable of 30/30 but .300? i just dont see that happening.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers