Please rate my expansion team!! Will rate yours also - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my expansion team!! Will rate yours also

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my expansion team!! Will rate yours also

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:12 pm

Hi, I recently joined a keeper league as an expansion team. It's an 11 team Head to head with 5 keepers. So I got to choose 5 guys out the free agent pool. With mostly all the good pitchers gone I had to go with hitting... I picked:

1) Manny
2) Soriano
3) Beltran
4) Sosa
5) Ichiro

Not bad for an expansion team right? Let me know and I'll rate your team too.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby EugeneStyles » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:06 pm

Not bad, although you're gonna have problems with pitching I'm sure. You also have 4 OF's and a 2B, so position players are gonna be tough too. But since it's an expansion draft, who knows what you had to choose from. Good luck!

What kind of pitching is gonna be available?

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:34 pm

Whats up,

Thanks for the input. Yeah I know pitching will be an issue. However the best pitchers were all gone when I picked. My plan is to draft a bunch of guys like M. Morris, Pinero, Moyer, Washburn, guys like that, have a real deep staff that I can rotate around based on matchups...and club people to death with my O. I have seen those 5 guys I picked all go in the first round in some drafts. Gotta admit they are nasty...I do have 4 OF's however one of them will DH.

Postby Havit22 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:46 pm

Thats a great start for a hitting lineup. With the pitching, there will always be guys coming up during the season, think Dontrelle Willis last year. Just have to make sure you stay up to date with it.

Havit22
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:51 am

Thanks man. Yeah I just went with the best available talent and it happened to be all hitting. Pretty excited with my lineup right now.

Postby emkike » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:49 pm

With that Offense core you will be very competitive as other just said you can always get some sleepers from the FA.

This year I like E Jackson, R Harden, R Wagner, M Rooney, S Taktsu, E Milton, J Thompson, T Armas Jr, J Lieber, J Contreras, AJ Burnett. T Redding, P Hentgen.

If you are able to draft 2nd tier SP like Morris, Pinero, F Garcia, C Zambrano, K Brown, W Miller, Loshe plus a couple of sleepers you can have a breakout season.

emkike
College Coach
College Coach

i agree with that guy!

Postby johnwesleyharding » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:03 pm

i agree with emgee...

i think that many leagues can be won with great offense and pitching that won't hurt you... 2nd tier guys like wolf, miller, od perez, clement, zambrano etc... will give you decent strikouts and keep you competitive on a week in week out basis... one bad starter can kill you if you are in a weekly league so be careful and draft a deep 2nd tier staff...

good luck! and reply to my post... thanks!!

"This is the only thing that really matters... keeps me going, retains my sanity..." John Wesley Harding
johnwesleyharding
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:45 am

Thanks guys...I agree with all your comments. I think having a great consistent offense will give me a chance to win every week as opposed to pitching which is very up and down...plus as others said I can build a deep staff of 2nd tier starters...I'm eyeing Morris with next pick...and maybe Beckett too if they are both available. Thanks again for all your comments.

Postby New Jersey Toxins » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:26 pm

i think what most pepole are telling you is true . i would beging to start working on my pitching staff with the next couple of picks, But also don't get overly concerned and lose sight of the other positional players you will need.

The New Jersey Toxins
New Jersey Toxins
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:18 pm

Yeah I'm hoping to go with a Beckett/Matt Morriss combo for my next 2 picks...then address 1B and 3B with Huff and Lowell....pretty good corners, right?

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team