Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 am

j24jags wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I think WW pickups should be kept 15th round and escale 2 rounds each year, also if I draft say griffey round 21 this year, then enxt year he should cost me round 19 pick

Do you think every keeper should escalate two rounds or just Griffey? :-B


Only those that will be in the HOF within 5-6 yrs of our draft.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12225
(Past Year: 1267)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby CadensDad » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:05 am

j24jags wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I think WW pickups should be kept 15th round and escale 2 rounds each year, also if I draft say griffey round 21 this year, then enxt year he should cost me round 19 pick

Do you think every keeper should escalate two rounds or just Griffey? :-B



Only "old" players
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 am

My 2p worth:

1) Waiver wire picks that are kept should be a Round 20 pick- I think managers who pick this year's Quentin should be rewarded.
2) All waiver wire picks should be a Round 20 pick the following year - even if they were drafted by someone. They are still a waiver wire pick.
3) I'm OK with escalation - but I think one round per season is enough.
4) I'm assuming round 1 picks just stay as round 1 forever...
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 882
(Past Year: 44)
Joined: 9 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby ayebatter » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 am

j24jags wrote:
RedBullVodka wrote:My 2p worth:

1) Waiver wire picks that are kept should be a Round 20 pick- I think managers who pick this year's Quentin should be rewarded.
2) All waiver wire picks should be a Round 20 pick the following year - even if they were drafted by someone. They are still a waiver wire pick.
3) I'm OK with escalation - but I think one round per season is enough.
4) I'm assuming round 1 picks just stay as round 1 forever...

The one problem I have with WW picks being 20th rounders is the following. There will be a top prospect who is called up during the season, and the person with #1 priority will probably get him. I don't think they deserve such a reward for simply have #1 priority at the time he is called up.


Zactly why WW pickups should not be kept at all.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12225
(Past Year: 1267)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby baizboll » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:45 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:My 2p worth:

1) Waiver wire picks that are kept should be a Round 20 pick- I think managers who pick this year's Quentin should be rewarded.
2) All waiver wire picks should be a Round 20 pick the following year - even if they were drafted by someone. They are still a waiver wire pick.


I have to disagree. If the pickup was in the draft, he should retain the round he was drafted in. If the pickup is someone who was a free agent, then waived, then picked up again, he should be a 15th rounder or something very close to that.

RedBullVodka wrote:3) I'm OK with escalation - but I think one round per season is enough.
4) I'm assuming round 1 picks just stay as round 1 forever...


"Forever" defeats the purpose of escalating. If there is escalation of 2 rounds, rounds one and two go back into the pool. I don't think it would make much sense to exempt certain rounds from escalation.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

Image
baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Edge of LunaSea

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby baizboll » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:47 pm

j24jags wrote:The one problem I have with WW picks being 20th rounders is the following. There will be a top prospect who is called up during the season, and the person with #1 priority will probably get him. I don't think they deserve such a reward for simply have #1 priority at the time he is called up.



Excellent point. ;-D
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

Image
baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 225
Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Edge of LunaSea

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm

What if we did away with waivers all together and all new or released players became free agents? Not sure I really like that idea much myself, but just throwing it out there.
Image
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Web Supporter
Posts: 1900
Joined: 8 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rules for Keepers who were picked up off Waivers or FAs

Postby ayebatter » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 pm

ayebatter wrote: WW pickups should not be kept at all.




TenD, what I said 5/6 posts ago.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 12225
(Past Year: 1267)
Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: I CAN SEE FOR MILES

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:50 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact